Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Unsigned Vikings FA's
IMO, Udoh should of not been converted to guard and of stayed at the swing tackle position...

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
He was Zimmer's guy. I wish him the best.
Some day Barr will look back and realize that Zimmer never used him to his full potential.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Some day Barr will look back and realize that Zimmer never used him to his full potential.

Will he?  The millions that guy collected I’m sure wont keep him up at night. 

@"jargomcfargo" said:

I still dont see it,  when an OLman got their hands on Barr, he stayed blocked,  he didnt really have a strong hands game or show much for pass rush moves,  much of his success came from OL guessing wrong or him not being accounted for in their blocking.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:

I still dont see it,  when an OLman got their hands on Barr, he stayed blocked,  he didnt really have a strong hands game or show much for pass rush moves,  much of his success came from OL guessing wrong or him not being accounted for in their blocking.
23.5 sacks in two years at UCLA.

“[Barr is] a highly disruptive, athletic specimen with the pass-rush potential to effortlessly emerge as a double-digit sack producer,” NFL.com’s Nolan Nawrocki said in a pre-draft scouting report. “[He’s] far from a finished product, and his best football is still ahead of him, yet he plays the game with more of an offensive temperament and could require some patience.”

Westbrook was a big disappointment. I wasn't expecting much but yeah it was a swing and a miss. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:

23.5 sacks in two years at UCLA.

“[Barr is] a highly disruptive, athletic specimen with the pass-rush potential to effortlessly emerge as a double-digit sack producer,” NFL.com’s Nolan Nawrocki said in a pre-draft scouting report. “[He’s] far from a finished product, and his best football is still ahead of him, yet he plays the game with more of an offensive temperament and could require some patience.”

lot of guys college game doesnt translate to the pros.  he played OLB in college and again in the pros.  I just never saw the elite pass rusher that some thought,  until he got hurt his greatest asset IMO was his range on the field, but I never was blown away by his getting after the pass rush potential.  he just seemed to content to be blocked.