Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills new stadium
We can talk about wasted money all day. This isn’t something new, and it isn’t going away. 
When cities and states stop paying for new stadiums we will still waste tax money. Hospitals are mostly run by private organizations so, those greedy bastards can use their own money for that, right? Education has politicized and schools aren’t properly funded because of that. A lot of money has been spent locally to upgrade facilities, and teachers pay has gone down. Maybe stop building the new field house and give that money to teachers. 
Usually these new taxes to pay for stadiums are raised by different means and methods than normal taxes, so the people attending events in those cities help pay for them.
I don’t attend many games because it’s cost prohibitive. If the owners put up all the money, I’d never attend a game. The cost would be astronomical because owners would want to recoup their money quickly.

I don’t see many or any boycotting games because of public money being used. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Another sad thing for Buffalo fans is that they are reducing fan capacity and increasing luxury suite capacity. 
Great point, they are losing 10,000 seats, the Bills typically average around 67,000 a game, so how do you build a stadium that is much less than your average attendance?  They will be building a great demand for seats and charging accordingly.  I have never been a fan of the Bills owners and they sure are sticking it to the fans, but overall it is the NFL that allows this to happen.  

They're talking about a new stadium here in TN as well.  Just was on the news this morning.

I know construction costs have gone up but how are they going to drop $1.4B on a new open air stadium?

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:
Another sad thing for Buffalo fans is that they are reducing fan capacity and increasing luxury suite capacity. 
Great point, they are losing 10,000 seats, the Bills typically average around 67,000 a game, so how do you build a stadium that is much less than your average attendance?  They will be building a great demand for seats and charging accordingly.  I have never been a fan of the Bills owners and they sure are sticking it to the fans, but overall it is the NFL that allows this to happen.  
Pretty simple explanation:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...pqdqoegbxf

Individual seat ticket sales are small potatoes compared to most of the other revenue streams. Its why they value suites over individual seats. See below how its broken down:

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pe...-money.asp

Quote: @AGRforever said:
They're talking about a new stadium here in TN as well.  Just was on the news this morning.

I know construction costs have gone up but how are they going to drop $1.4B on a new open air stadium?
The stadium for the Saints is as old as the hills, Panthers are angling for a new stadium and isnt hard rock older now too?

$5b for SoFi may seem like chick feed one day...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:

The stadium for the Saints is as old as the hills, Panthers are angling for a new stadium and isnt hard rock older now too?

$5b for SoFi may seem like chick feed one day...

I thought I remember reading that a huge chunk (+3B) of SoFi's cost was the ground it sits upon?