Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills new stadium

Looks like a sweet deal for the owners, only kicking in $400 million.  The state and county are on the hook for the rest.

1.4 billion for an open air stadium in Buffalo?  So one of the least affluent cities in the NFL will be putting down a record 850 million for a stadium that will have them sitting outside during Buffalo snowstorms?  There are a lot of schools and hospitals in Buffalo that could use the money.  This is everything that is wrong with the greedy NFL.  If the owners of the Bills are unwilling to put up all of the money, then they should remain in the current stadium which is more than adequate for an outdoor stadium.  At least if they were build a stadium with a roof it could be used for other events.  It is just sickening to see this kind of money being spent which will only serve to put people who have money in heated luxury boxes, while the fans who are fronting the majority of the money are sitting in sub zero seats.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
1.4 billion for an open air stadium in Buffalo?  So one of the least affluent cities in the NFL will be putting down a record 850 million for a stadium that will have them sitting outside during Buffalo snowstorms?  There are a lot of schools and hospitals in Buffalo that could use the money.  This is everything that is wrong with the greedy NFL.  If the owners of the Bills are unwilling to put up all of the money, then they should remain in the current stadium which is more than adequate for an outdoor stadium.  At least if they were build a stadium with a roof it could be used for other events.  It is just sickening to see this kind of money being spent which will only serve to put people who have money in heated luxury boxes, while the fans who are fronting the majority of the money are sitting in sub zero seats.  
This is not a new thing. They are a passionate fan base. It is not a place that wants an indoor stadium. A lot of the fans love the outdoors and consider it part of their tradition and identity. The greed part sucks but that is not going to change.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JR44 said:
This is not a new thing. They are a passionate fan base. It is not a place that wants an indoor stadium. A lot of the fans love the outdoors and consider it part of their tradition and identity. The greed part sucks but that is not going to change.
The same was said 40 years ago about Vikings fans.

Personally, I don't get how you don't at least put in a retractable roof on this new stadium. Its fucking Buffalo, the amount of bad weather and lake effect snow can be off the chart. But if fans want to die on the hill of cold weather, I won't stop them.

The see through roof and giant rotating doors at U.S. Bank are awesome. You FEEL outside in there on a sunny day with the doors open. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Personally, I don't get how you don't at least put in a retractable roof on this new stadium. Its fucking Buffalo, the amount of bad weather and lake effect snow can be off the chart. But if fans want to die on the hill of cold weather, I won't stop them.

The see through roof and giant rotating doors at U.S. Bank are awesome. You FEEL outside in there on a sunny day with the doors open. 
I have to wonder if the snow loading potential for a retractable roof in Buffalo might be very tricky.   The amount and type of snow they can receive at times may exceed current construction capabilities?

Another sad thing for Buffalo fans is that they are reducing fan capacity and increasing luxury suite capacity. 

That stadium was built in 73, it's old in all the wrong ways (i.e. not a Lamblow Field). 

IF that franchise was to compete (financially) and the owners were to make $ ala their counterparts, the stadium situation had to get brought into the new millennium. 

We like to think bout how the $ could get spent in better ways and there is so much need to better serve more of the community, but it never happens that way. But it could. But it doesnt. 

These exact discussions were had here in Minny too. State leaders either decide its "worth it" or not to have one of the 32 NFL franchise in their state. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

I have to wonder if the snow loading potential for a retractable roof in Buffalo might be very tricky.   The amount and type of snow they can receive at times may exceed current construction capabilities?
That's a good question. The only stadium I can think of that's located in a city that gets a good amount of snow is Milwaukee (Brewers Stadium) and they seem to get about half of the amount of snow as Buffalo