Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: When a pix says it all....
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Didn't watch it but was listening to some one saying Rock was giving shit to Smiths wife about her haircut in a movie and she has Alopecia?

So what, it was a joke man.  They hired Rock to roast the people there.  He did just that.  If you can't take a little heat get out of the kitchen.
Thats why I think it was staged.  Rock has said much worse. 

I would have thought it was staged if Will didn't shout the f-bomb twice to him after sitting back down. I think it was real, but him getting upset over those comments in relation to that whole situation over the last 10 years is nuts. Jada did not seemed amused by Chris Rock's comments so I wonder if she looked over to Will and gave him the "Well, what are you gonna do about it?"

If he hasn't already? Smith needs to apologize - then seek therapy for anger mgmnt. 

If only it had been Ricky Gervais...Not only would it had been funnier, more on point, and undeniable, but Will would be in lockdown right now, and his talentless wife and family would be airing their grievances in front of a shitty green screen set up in a garage in Compton.  

Quick thoughts:
  • He had no reaction to the earlier joke about his open marriage.
  • His initial reaction was to laugh at the joke -- only after seeing his wife's reaction did he go up and slap Rock.
  • Not fake, not with all the f-bombs.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Quick thoughts:
  • His initial reaction was to laugh at the joke -- only after seeing his wife's reaction did he go up and slap Rock.
These guys are actors. Actors act. publicity stunt. Heck twitter cant even handle the traffic and is down.  

I guess now we know why Smith had to win his Oscar as a tennis dad and not for his portrayal of Muhammed Ali, he can't knock down Chris Rock from a foot away!  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@VikingOracle said:
Quick thoughts:
These guys are actors. Actors act. publicity stunt. Heck twitter cant even handle the traffic and is down.  
Like I said earlier, I can't rule it out for sure. But what is the reason for it being contrived? Ratings? Smith was already going to win the Oscar. It happened after the show had already started. Doesn't make sense in the why's of faking it. I get it, any publicity is good publicity but in this context, not seeing the benefit.

Yet, maybe AGR is right?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/28/media/osc...index.html

lol, but even this bump made it not great. 8 years ago, over $40 M people watched the Oscars. This year, with a bump, 15.3 M. Movies have changed and how people watch has significantly. People like celebrities still, but they aren't mythical, larger than life creatures like they were before social media and smart phones.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Yet, maybe AGR is right?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/28/media/osc...index.html

lol, but even this bump made it not great. 8 years ago, over $40 M people watched the Oscars. This year, with a bump, 15.3 M. Movies have changed and how people watch has significantly. People like celebrities still, but they aren't mythical, larger than life creatures like they were before social media and smart phones.
It'll be a while before the Oscars gets high ratings again. Not only has it changed the way we watch movies, but not a lot of movies are being made right now post covid. The ones that are made go straight to a streaming service it seems.

Perhaps it was a ploy, I dont think so, to keep it relevant while the industry works to come back...I just don't see why Will would agree to it? I will say that it has made Twitter absolutely fantastic today as the comments and memes are absolutely fabulous.