Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flowers to visit???
Quote: @peacebringer said:
Meanwhile, something/one called Jesse Davis (G) is visiting 

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
I can confirm that free-agent offensive lineman Jesse Davis is visiting the #Vikings today, and there's a strong chance that he signs with them. He is being looked at as possibly a starting right guard. Vikings turned to Davis after losing out on Ryan Bates.
This guy sucked as a pass blocker last season at tackle, yuck…  Confused 

Free agent RT Jesse Davis is visiting the Vikings. 
The Dolphins cleared $3.6 million last week by releasing Davis after four years with the team. He was among the worst pass blocking tackles in the NFL in 2021, according to Pro Football Focus grades, allowing ten quarterback hits and eight sacks. Hopefully for Kirk Cousins, Davis will be a rotational offensive lineman with Minnesota. 
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/9480/jesse-davis

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@peacebringer said:

I can confirm that free-agent offensive lineman Jesse Davis is visiting the #Vikings today, and there's a strong chance that he signs with them. He is being looked at as possibly a starting right guard. Vikings turned to Davis after losing out on Ryan Bates.
I dont know why I feel this way and I'm not sure if others feel it too, but I'm tired of getting guys on the OL who are being converted from somewhere else. "Well this guy is a guard or tackle, depending on the scheme". I just want a freaking right guard. I want a right guard that has been a right guard since college. Fix the damn issue 
I just don't know if this is as big a problem as some might think. Folks have been saying this for years. I don't know what it is now, but about about 5 or 6 years ago, I looked up the background of every starting guard in the NFL and found that about 40% of them were tackles in college. 

Sure, the IDEAL is a Randall McDaniel or Quenton Nelson, but they're hard to get. So after the elite guards, you just want a guy who can play. Sometimes that's a tackle. Zack Martin, Brandon Scherff, Tretter....all tackles in college. Cleveland looks like a pretty good conversion too. 
Sorry, I more meant someone who only plays one position. Using College as my starting point wasn't the best use of words. Clarifying that I want an NFL lineman that plays the position, not someone who did it one year and was alright.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@peacebringer said:

This guy sucked as a pass blocker last season at tackle, yuck…  Confused 

Free agent RT Jesse Davis is visiting the Vikings. 
The Dolphins cleared $3.6 million last week by releasing Davis after four years with the team. He was among the worst pass blocking tackles in the NFL in 2021, according to Pro Football Focus grades, allowing ten quarterback hits and eight sacks. Hopefully for Kirk Cousins, Davis will be a rotational offensive lineman with Minnesota. 
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/9480/jesse-davis

He might be a tall midget....but he's ours!!!!!
Worst pass blocking and Vikings seems to go hand in hand. 

Davis has agreed to terms pending physical

Quote: @rf54 said:
Davis has agreed to terms pending physical
Great, we now have two bums named Davis…  Wink 

What happened to Flowers??

Davis posted a respectable grade back in2018 when he played full time at right guard.  In 2020, he played right guard for 8 games and was average at pass blocking.  Vikings OL coach Chirs Kuper was the asst OL coach in 2017 and 2018 which were Davis' first two seasons.  I'm guessing familiarity is the reasoning here.

But whatevs.  It likely is around the minimum.  I cannot imagine it would be for more than a couple of mil but he does have experience even if it is bad.

We're desperate here people.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Davis posted a respectable grade back in2018 when he played full time at right guard.  In 2020, he played right guard for 8 games and was average at pass blocking.  Vikings OL coach Chirs Kuper was the asst OL coach in 2017 and 2018 which were Davis' first two seasons.  I'm guessing familiarity is the reasoning here.

But whatevs.  It likely is around the minimum.  I cannot imagine it would be for more than a couple of mil but he does have experience even if it is bad.

Or $3M... 

The value in Davis is that he can play across the line and projects as a starting RG for the time being. If they improve on him during the draft he's basically in the Mason Cole role of last year. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Or $3M... 

The value in Davis is that he can play across the line and projects as a starting RG for the time being. If they improve on him during the draft he's basically in the Mason Cole role of last year. 

This has been a very Spielman-esque offseason thus far put together by Kwesi:

- Sign Cousins to a short term, big dollar extension...check
- Re-sign Mannion...check
- Bring in your Mike Remmers, Mason Cole's and Josh Klines in Schlottman and Jesse Davis...check
- Attempt to plug the hole in the middle of the defense this time with relative unknown Harrison Phillips...check
- Zadarius Smith is the one "big" signing on defense ala Tomlinson...check
- Sullivan is your Mac Alexander...check

Analytics be damned, it really is like trader Rick is still running the show. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Or $3M... 

This has been a very Spielman-esque offseason thus far put together by Kwesi:

- Sign Cousins to a short term, big dollar extension...check
- Re-sign Mannion...check
- Bring in your Mike Remmers, Mason Cole's and Josh Klines in Schlottman and Jesse Davis...check
- Attempt to plug the hole in the middle of the defense this time with relative unknown Harrison Phillips...check
- Zadarius Smith is the one "big" signing on defense ala Tomlinson...check
- Sullivan is your Mac Alexander...check

Analytics be damned, it really is like trader Rick is still running the show. 
[Image: giphy.gif]