Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flowers to visit???
https://twitter.com/VikeFans/status/1508...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvikefans.com%2Fvikings-working-to-get-ol-erik-flowers-in-for-a-visit-early-next-week-the-date%2F

Basket case as a tackle, Flowers has been fairly solid as a guard. At least according to his PFF grades. Miami, banking on this improvement, gave him $10M per two seasons ago. But a year later traded him back to Washington for next to nothing, so he can't command much. Still, 7 years in the league and only 27 years old. I think he and Danielle Hunter were among the youngest players in the 2015 draft. 

We don't need an all pro.  

We need someone who plays NFL average at RG to potentially good.  If he can perform at a 10th-20th ranked position for G, that's an upgrade for this OL and one step closer to fielding a strong unit.

Now that center on the other hand. . . 

Quote: @Skodin said:

We need someone who plays NFL average at RG to potentially good.  If he can perform at a 10th-20th ranked position for G, that's an upgrade for this OL and one step closer to fielding a strong unit.

I don't know what the plan is for Bradbury, but the Vikings can't continue to have those leaks up the middle and expect to be a playoff team. 

It was interesting what KOC said about him in one of his first pressers. Basically, that he's a talented player who needs to be in the right system. Just don't know if he meant HIS system or another one. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:

I don't know what the plan is for Bradbury, but the Vikings can't continue to have those leaks up the middle and expect to be a playoff team. 

It was interesting what KOC said about him in one of his first pressers. Basically, that he's a talented player who needs to be in the right system. Just don't know if he meant HIS system or another one. 
I think he was referring to the 1950's system where you just ran 90% of the time

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:

I think he was referring to the 1950's system where you just ran 90% of the time
Or a 1950's system when DTs were 235lbs.  

BUSTBury plays on skates, he has no business being the center of this team.  

Meanwhile, something/one called Jesse Davis (G) is visiting 

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
I can confirm that free-agent offensive lineman Jesse Davis is visiting the #Vikings today, and there's a strong chance that he signs with them. He is being looked at as possibly a starting right guard. Vikings turned to Davis after losing out on Ryan Bates.

Quote: @peacebringer said:

I can confirm that free-agent offensive lineman Jesse Davis is visiting the #Vikings today, and there's a strong chance that he signs with them. He is being looked at as possibly a starting right guard. Vikings turned to Davis after losing out on Ryan Bates.
I dont know why I feel this way and I'm not sure if others feel it too, but I'm tired of getting guys on the OL who are being converted from somewhere else. "Well this guy is a guard or tackle, depending on the scheme". I just want a freaking right guard. I want a right guard that has been a right guard since college. Fix the damn issue 

@peacebringer said:

I dont know why I feel this way and I'm not sure if others feel it too, but I'm tired of getting guys on the OL who are being converted from somewhere else. "Well this guy is a guard or tackle, depending on the scheme". I just want a freaking right guard. I want a right guard that has been a right guard since college. Fix the damn issue 
He would have to be just a depth signing as recent history shows he is below average at best.

@peacebringer said:

I just don't know if this is as big a problem as some might think. Folks have been saying this for years. I don't know what it is now, but about about 5 or 6 years ago, I looked up the background of every starting guard in the NFL and found that about 40% of them were tackles in college. 

Sure, the IDEAL is a Randall McDaniel or Quenton Nelson, but they're hard to get. So after the elite guards, you just want a guy who can play. Sometimes that's a tackle. Zack Martin, Brandon Scherff, Tretter....all tackles in college. Cleveland looks like a pretty good conversion too.