Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0
Are the QB's just not that good this year?  I know everyone says weak class.  The highlight reels certainly don't say terrible.  We have 7ish QB needy teams ahead of us and they're ALL going to pass on either Willis or Pickett, and/or no one is going to trade up for one of them?
Honestly if both QBs are on the board, why not get our future QB?  But end of the day, someone is trading up. 

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I really hope Detroit is stoopid enough to pass on Trevon Walker too - yikes. 
Give me Liberty (QB Malik Willis)
Or give me def(ensive line help)
I did not think Willis was a realistic possibility before, but I kinda do now - depending on what we do the rest of FA.  I won't freak if we draft Jordan Davis and I would love to get Travon Walker, but if Sauce or Stingley are available, that would be hard to pass up. While he is nowhere close to the same level of athlete as Davis, a similar sized guy is Noah Ellis. At least over short distances, he moves pretty well and with good short area quickness. He is not Davis, but he should be available day 3. 
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Are the QB's just not that good this year?  I know everyone says weak class.  The highlight reels certainly don't say terrible.  We have 7ish QB needy teams ahead of us and they're ALL going to pass on either Willis or Pickett, and/or no one is going to trade up for one of them?
Honestly if both QBs are on the board, why not get our future QB?  But end of the day, someone is trading up. 
Not for us, but Detroit.

It's a heavily flawed QB class. 2023 is the year. More specifically, Will Levis era for the purple.

I love the idea of making the front 7 just stooooooopid good.

Then I look at our current CB situation.

Kris Boyd, Cameron Dantzler, Harrison Hand, and Perry Nickerson are the current Vikings Cornerbacks.

Re-sign P2, and maybe we can talk.

Rumors of the Lions taking QB Malik Willis at No. 2 overall have been swirling and after an impressive pro day,
@_RyanFowler_ says to expect the interest to grow

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Tempting. But we did just pay Horrible Harry $20M to play nose for us. I might change my mind, but right now I'm taking corners with our first two picks. 

Yes but I think you could play Davis anywhere along that interior and he'd be a difference maker and give us a talent upgrade. Not a huge need but he's a unique player 
He is a special talent just like Hunter and Smith. Philips is JAG. I would be fine if sauce garner fell to 12, knowing that won't happen give me the best talent available (which isn't a CB then) and go DB in the 2nd, 3rd. I still think the Vikes get some DB help in FA as well.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Willis would be super intriguing if he is there at 12...  probably the only guy I would consider that isn't a pass rusher or CB at our spot.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Willis would be super intriguing if he is there at 12...  probably the only guy I would consider that isn't a pass rusher or CB at our spot.
Understandable. When Kwesi mentions the 2017 draft being thought of as a bad QB class (Mahomes and Watson), I have to think he's talking about Willis being the diamond in the rough.

But, man Willis has some pretty damning warts. 

Yeah Willis had some games where he was just awful. His one one game against a ranked opponent (#16 Ole Miss), was hugely unimpressive. Just looking at his stat sheet for the year you'd expect Steve McNair at Alcorn State type numbers and it was more like Sean Mannion at Green Bay type numbers. 

I still like Pickett the best of the bunch but, man, any glove on the hand quarterback who needs the extra grip makes me super leery...on top of his fumble numbers. Corral and Howell look like the same guy to me. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
To me, the most impressive thing about Willis play was that his WR's were nobody's & he still put up huge production.

• All Picks
  • User Picks
  • Trades

[Image: Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png]Minnesota Vikings
    Jordan DavisIDL, Georgia
    Roger McCrearyCB, Auburn
    Cole StrangeIOL, Chattanooga
    Coby BryantCB, Cincinnati