Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Tretter and Bates “still in play” for us?
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@dadevike said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Just took a quick look at Vikes cap on Overthecap. Currently have $14MM and some change in space, but that doesn't include Za'Darius' contract nor does it include Thielen's cap savings. Draft class will be a hair under $10MM so we probably could get one of them as it currently stands. A restructure to Kendricks and Cook could mean both.
$10M for our rookie class seems really high.  I think it should be about half of that - about $5 or $6M.
Scroll about half way down: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/

Spotrac is saying $9.7
Looks like you are correct at least once the games start.  Until then, it is about $6M (top 51).  I'm confident the front office guys can figure this out.  While we can't spend freely in FA (nor would I want that), I think we have enough to sign an IOL and a vet CB and leave the rest for the draft.

They're in on Bates. I don't know who said they're in on Tretter to begin with, they aren't as far as I'm aware. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
They're in on Bates. I don't know who said they're in on Tretter to begin with, they aren't as far as I'm aware. 
As in Bates signed the offer sheet?

How much of an upgrade is Bates? Is he better than Cole? If the two are comparable, let's see what Davis has to offer along with maybe a draft pick and then go after Tretter hard. Bradbury is a black hole

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Not yet. Vikings have an offer sheet ready for him if he wants to sign it though. Its more about Bates choosing a team vs. someone making an offer.

@JustinTime18™ said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Not yet. Vikings have an offer sheet ready for him if he wants to sign it though. Its more about Bates choosing a team vs. someone making an offer.
When he signs, does that contract count against the cap? Or, does it have no impact until the right of refusal period ends and a decision is made?

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
When he signs, does that contract count against the cap? Or, does it have no impact until the right of refusal period ends and a decision is made?
It immediately hits the cap and stays on the cap until the Bills choose to match or deny matching. 

Thanks Geoff - really appreciate all the good insight you bring to this board.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@kmillard said:
they can get both if they really want them.
Perhaps, but don't overpay for Bates. I think you do whatever you can to get Tretter
oh i agree. His resume isn’t very big and you would be hoping that he pans out.

There's this false narrative with a bunch of Vikings bloggers that Minnesota is in the running for Tretter. Not sure why but that's where its coming from.