Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Tretter and Bates “still in play” for us?
Tretter in Chicago today?   is that correct? 
Bates situation?

Any updates appreciated...THX

After the Smith signing is there any money left except for draft picks?

Quote: @Greylock said:
After the Smith signing is there any money left except for draft picks?
I’ll never question “The Brzez”

Bates would probably come cheaper, but hey - it aint my money

I think Tretter is out of range without another (Kendricks?) restructure.  Bates is possible, but I read he was in Chicago today, and they already lost James Daniels, so I'm guessing they're even more desperate than we are. 

Just took a quick look at Vikes cap on Overthecap. Currently have $14MM and some change in space, but that doesn't include Za'Darius' contract nor does it include Thielen's cap savings. Draft class will be a hair under $10MM so we probably could get one of them as it currently stands. A restructure to Kendricks and Cook could mean both.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Just took a quick look at Vikes cap on Overthecap. Currently have $14MM and some change in space, but that doesn't include Za'Darius' contract nor does it include Thielen's cap savings. Draft class will be a hair under $10MM so we probably could get one of them as it currently stands. A restructure to Kendricks and Cook could mean both.
$10M for our rookie class seems really high.  I think it should be about half of that - about $5 or $6M.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
$10M for our rookie class seems really high.  I think it should be about half of that - about $5 or $6M.
Scroll about half way down: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/

Spotrac is saying $9.7

they can get both if they really want them.

Quote: @kmillard said:
they can get both if they really want them.
Perhaps, but don't overpay for Bates. I think you do whatever you can to get Tretter

Both guys have to want to be here too, especially Bates.