Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins Extended
In related news, 2 heads were prevented from exploding today…story at 11pm.  Wink 

but i don't want to lose Cook and Theilen to pay KC. makes no sense to extend him and then take away his weapons--to say nothing of Hunter or Kendricks. draft picks are chancy things. these guys are proven. With Cousins in the fold now, i think the word must be "restructure" not "rebuild."

I can get behind this. I would have loved to get in the Watson sweepstakes but they probably found out it would be too rich to do. I am just glad that this is settled now for the immediate future at least

[Image: op44T7Pz_normal.jpg]
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 28m
The #Vikings received trade calls about Kirk Cousins in recent weeks. But new coach Kevin O'Connell repeatedly said he was excited to build an offense around Cousins and now will get to do it. twitter.com/TomPelissero/s…

[Image: BgCr4vnl_normal.jpg]
Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
· 24m
Kirk Cousins contract terms, per source:

--1 new year at $35M fully guaranteed

--No-trade clause

--$40M in 2022

--2 void years to lower cap hits

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

[Image: BgCr4vnl_normal.jpg]
Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
· 24m
Kirk Cousins contract terms, per source:

--1 new year at $35M fully guaranteed

--No-trade clause

--$40M in 2022

--2 void years to lower cap hits
based on what we know now,  we lost.  ( i reserve my right to change my mind based on the watson trade compensation_)

The #Vikings received trade calls about Kirk Cousins in recent weeks. But new coach Kevin O'Connell repeatedly said he was excited to build an offense around Cousins and now will get to do it.

Well, more details to come. But this sure feels like a win/win for now...That doesnt happen often

This is a great deal. It allows a bridge to our future and gives the rookie stud we draft next year a year to learn. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
but i don't want to lose Cook and Theilen to pay KC. makes no sense to extend him and then take away his weapons--to say nothing of Hunter or Kendricks. draft picks are chancy things. these guys are proven. With Cousins in the fold now, i think the word must be "restructure" not "rebuild."
I don't want to lose anyone either, but the QB is 90% of the puzzle. Cook might rank higher among backs than Cousins does among QBs, but finding a back who can give us close to what Cook does is many times easier than finding a QB who can give us close to what Cousins does. 

Plus, the Cousins extension makes it easier to pay those guys, not harder.