Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mother of all polls…
Fun fact.

In his last season as a starter Watson threw for 33 TDs and 8 picks. His defense and OL were horrible. He added 3 rushing TDs.

The Texans went 4-12.

I'll stand by what my gut says and Guru too...KC is not going to be traded and I dont think the Vikings are looking for another qb for the short-term. 

Sea and Philly do seem like logical landing spots. Good call on Philly @ JIT18

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'll stand by what my gut says and Guru too...KC is not going to be traded and I dont think the Vikings are looking for another qb for the short-term. 

Sea and Philly do seem like logical landing spots. Good call on Philly @ JIT18
You know, I keep saying I'm not just a pretty face.

I'm cautious, because his off-field stuff could pop up again. But the grand jury's refusal to even indict is a big thing. It means Watson should and will be able to continue his career.

Put me down for Cousins and picks. Watsons age, talent and mobility is what we're all looking for. I'm a broken record on this, but the draft is fools gold. The odds of hitting, even in the 1st round, are just so low. You get a chance to acquire a proven NFL starter, at 26, who can move. Yeah, ya gotta do that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'm cautious, because his off-field stuff could pop up again. But the grand jury's refusal to even indict is a big thing. It means Watson should and will be able to continue his career.

Put me down for Cousins and picks. Watsons age, talent and mobility is what we're all looking for. I'm a broken record on this, but the draft is fools gold. The odds of hitting, even in the 1st round, are just so low. You get a chance to acquire a proven NFL starter, at 26, who can move. Yeah, ya gotta do that. 
These are my feelings too. Unfortunately the Vikings don’t have the ammo to outbid these other teams. Only way it would happen is if Watson uses his no-trade clause to sort of force his way here. But this is the NFL not the NBA. I think Watson will do very well if he goes to Seattle. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:

These are my feelings too. Unfortunately the Vikings don’t have the ammo to outbid these other teams. Only way it would happen is if Watson uses his no-trade clause to sort of force his way here. But this is the NFL not the NBA. I think Watson will do very well if he goes to Seattle. 
The only way we'd be in the running is if the Texans wanted a good veteran starting QB in return. Maybe more of a choir boy after the Watson debacle. And we're likely the only team who can offer that. Seattle, Tampa, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina...none of them have one. 

Why would Houston, owners of what is probably the worst roster in football, trade 26 yo QB with $40M contract for 33 yo QB with $40M contract? To win now? Ha! Ya'right. The only other way is what you suggest: wanting to play with JJ and Dalvin. 

Odds are probably under 5%. But I bet the Vikings make an offer. 

MB, you and I are on the same page with this. We are the only team that has the QB to offer in return. And what you said about the grand jury is the reason I started this thread. Put me in the column of not convinced he’s the creep many believe him to be…and I felt that way before the grand jury’s decision. 

Yes, we’re probably not going to be the ones to get him, but thinking about having him paired up with JJ and Dalvin and the rest of our O for years to come….that makes the sky the limit in my world. And he’s 26-years-old…

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
With 3 picks this year, I'd say the Eagles are the most logical trade partner. Franchise is familiar with dealing with radioactive QBs.
Vick is the one I keep thinking of as a comparison circus act.
Plus Philly fans are some of the most forgiving fans their areSmile

Actually, he could go to a rub and tug daily, and as long as they win he will be the toast of the town....until they lose...then shittetalk him as a bum....then a win, toast of the town....rinse, repeat.

Worst fans in the world (I would know I lived/worked within 10 miles of the stadiums) 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:

The only way we'd be in the running is if the Texans wanted a good veteran starting QB in return. Maybe more of a choir boy after the Watson debacle. And we're likely the only team who can offer that. Seattle, Tampa, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina...none of them have one. 

Why would Houston, owners of what is probably the worst roster in football, trade 26 yo QB with $40M contract for 33 yo QB with $40M contract? To win now? Ha! Ya'right. The only other way is what you suggest: wanting to play with JJ and Dalvin. 

Odds are probably under 5%. But I bet the Vikings make an offer. 

Agree, I don't think the Texans are looking for a veteran QB like Cousins.  They are in complete rebuild mode...perpetually.  I would think they would want a multitude of draft picks.

Interesting 2017 draft with Chiefs having the conviction to move up to #10 to get Mahomes and the Texans moving up from 25 to #12 to get Watson.  Of course the Bears stayed-put at #2 and drafted the worst of them - Trubisky Smile  Sometimes you have to carpe diem and move up for your guy.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@
Agree, I don't think the Texans are looking for a veteran QB like Cousins.  They are in complete rebuild mode...perpetually.  I would think they would want a multitude of draft picks.

Interesting 2017 draft with Chiefs having the conviction to move up to #10 to get Mahomes and the Texans moving up from 25 to #12 to get Watson.  Of course the Bears stayed-put at #2 and drafted the worst of them - Trubisky Smile  Sometimes you have to carpe diem and move up for your guy.  
Far be it from me to rub salt in a Bear wound, but they traded up as well.