Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mother of all polls…
Freshly sans a Harris County grand jury indictment, the rumors are rampant concerning where Deshaun Watson’s future NFL home will be. Among the teams being proposed is our very own Vikings. Perhaps it’s less than a snowball’s chance in hell, but what are your thoughts, and what would you propose as compensation for Watson? I have read a lot of folks’ opinions on this topic with some declaring him a major creep, but keep in mind that a grand jury has just refused to indict this man. With that in mind, would you do the trade and under what following scenario:

I voted Cousins and players…help the cap without giving away assets for the future in the form of draft picks. Now, since I am no expert on fair and equitable trade compensation, I really am not sure what what be fair in a player swap. That’s where I hope the discussion will ensue on this subject. 

C’mon guys, I know the chance may be small but imagine #4 throwing bombs to JJ18 Griddy for just a moment….

Must have been a joke of a case to not get past grand jury. It’s going to be an interesting weekend with everyone and their dog after him. 
Most recent rumor I’ve heard has him going to Cleveland and Mayfield going to Tampa. 
Personally, I like Watson a lot, but I have to weigh his history as a high potential risk. So I wouldn’t give up a lot for him at this time. I’m guessing someone less risk averse will offer a mountain. 
With that said, I think Kwesi & KOC will give it all they’ve got to keep Cousins. He’s their guy, but if he doesn’t accept a new contract in the next 24, that could change fast. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Must have been a joke of a case to not get past grand jury. It’s going to be an interesting weekend with everyone and their dog after him. 
Most recent rumor I’ve heard has him going to Cleveland and Mayfield going to Tampa. 
Personally, I like Watson a lot, but I have to weigh his history as a high potential risk. So I wouldn’t give up a lot for him at this time. I’m guessing someone less risk averse will offer a mountain. 
With that said, I think Kwesi & KOC will give it all they’ve got to keep Cousins. He’s their guy, but if he doesn’t accept a new contract in the next 24, that could change fast. 
I dont think we can say or assume it was a “joke of a case”. Its an NFL guy who is a very big name and it’s another he said she said. But it was 20 something girls, not 5. I think there is probably something there but very unlikely to prove especially when he has a lot money to afford the best and potentially influence outcomes.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
I dont think we can say or assume it was a “joke of a case”. Its an NFL guy who is a very big name and it’s another he said she said. But it was 20 something girls, not 5. I think there is probably something there but very unlikely to prove especially when he has a lot money to afford the best and potentially influence outcomes.
I should clarify that I meant that from a prosecutorial standpoint, not in relation to victims. It takes very little to get a criminal indictment with a grand jury regardless of who the defendant happens to be. Maybe you’ve heard the saying that “a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich”? It’s a joke of course, but often not far from the truth. The bar that a prosecutor needs to meet is exceptionally low. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
I should clarify that I meant that from a prosecutorial standpoint, not in relation to victims. It takes very little to get a criminal indictment with a grand jury regardless of who the defendant happens to be. Maybe you’ve heard the saying that “a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich”? It’s a joke of course, but often not far from the truth. The bar that a prosecutor needs to meet is exceptionally low. 
I was hoping you were leaning in a way where it wasnt mocking the plaintiffs. Not a very strong case, I agree. I dont think there would have been a class action if there were only a handful. If he truly is innocent then good for him. I dont think he is since there are 20 something girls involved, but the court system decided it wasnt worth moving forward on so it is what it is.

I don't think Kwesi's first big move will be trading for Watson.  Imagine what would happen if he trades for Watson and cuts Thielen in the same week?

With 3 picks this year, I'd say the Eagles are the most logical trade partner. Franchise is familiar with dealing with radioactive QBs.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
With 3 picks this year, I'd say the Eagles are the most logical trade partner. Franchise is familiar with dealing with radioactive QBs.
Vick is the one I keep thinking of as a comparison circus act.

There is “expectation around the league” #Texans QB Deshaun Watson will be traded to the #Seahawks, per
@MoveTheSticks

They have extra picks now after the Russell Wilson trade to get it done.