Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What other sports teams are you a fan of?
Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:

Was a Twins fan from an early age, pre Vikings era, but quit baseball due to the strike and the Yankees buying championships.

Being old and grumpy, the only team I am a diehard fan of is the Vikings. They have really tried my patience in recent years. I truly hate them as much as I love them. But I suspect I will be with them until the end.
Ditto for me on the Yankee's, that is when I lost interest in the Yankee's and all of baseball...big teams buying, strikes, steriods, and the salary of the star players for basically a non-contact sport like football/Hockey/Basketball. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Just out of curiosity here. I live in California but have been a Vikings fan since I was a kid. Besides the Vikings I'm a fan of:

Oakland Athletics- This is a tough one for me. Lifelong fan but if they move to Vegas I'm done. I've followed them through salary cap purges and rebooting of the roster about every five years. Billy Beane turns more chicken shit into chicken salad more then anybody I've ever seen

Sacramento Kings- Another tough one. Longest playoff drought of almost every pro sports team. Very happy to see them make some changes and thrilled with the Sabonis trade. Hope for the future but still a lot of work to do. 

Notre Dame- Huge Irish football fan but the basketball team has been really good too the last decade or so. 

This might be sacrilege but I don't watch hockey of any type. Just have never gotten into it 
Supa, being a Bay Area boy since 1970 (born in Minnesota but dad moved us to No Cal), i could understand the love of the A’s. Heck, i saw them win three chips in a row in the 70’s, and kick my SF Giants ass in the earthquake series (i was living in the bay for that one, got incredible stories). BUT the Sac. Kings???!!! Good Lord you really like to suffer! lol! Surprised you didnt become a Warriors fan. i wqs at their chip n the 70’s as a young boy, then suffered like a Kings fan until Steph arrived!  in fact the 20teens were very good to me as a SF Giants fan and Warriors fan. Just need the Vikes to make itva tri-fecta! 

I'll go to a Twins game in the summertime...Love an outdoor ballpark in the summer. But I'm not a passionate baseball fan.  

I used to be a big north stars fan back in the day. 

I guess the only sport I like much anymore (outside of college/pro football)  is College Mens basketball tourney time. 

I like the Wild as much as the Vikings these days.  The last few years of the Vikings, and the NFL in general, has made me a lot more apathetic than I used to be.  The Wild have been amazing since Kaprizov, are abundantly likable and are pointed in the right direction.  Hopefully the Vikings are now too.

Detroit Red Wings, University of Michigan sports.

I live in Jersey, so most of the teams I follow except for the Vikings are from around here.

Baseball - Yankees. Thank God I chose them over the Mets when I was a kid. This was the late 80's so the Yankees were hot garbage and the Mets were pretty good, but it turned out quite all right for me. I follow them almost as fervently as I do the Vikings.

College - Rutgers. I graduated from Rutgers, so nuff said there.

Hockey - Devils. Not a big hockey fan, but when in the mood I'll turn on a Devil's game.

Basketball - No one really. I used to love the Bulls as a kid but that was because they had Michael Jordan. Nowadays I don't really care much for the sport, but will turn on a game if a particular player I like is playing.

When I was a kid I liked the Jets because Namath was literally Joe Cool.   I think I still feel some faint lingering affection for them despite their awfulness.

When I lived in San Francisco 30 years ago I became a Giants baseball fan and went to a lot of games but that faded after I left and I've lost interest in baseball entirely since .  You should've seen the men's rooms at Candlestick Park--like something out of Resident Evil.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
 You should've seen the men's rooms at Candlestick Park--like something out of Resident Evil.
lol, I bet. I'll raise you a 1983 Lambeau Field Men's room urinal trough. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"comet52" said:
 You should've seen the men's rooms at Candlestick Park--like something out of Resident Evil.
lol, I bet. I'll raise you a 1983 Lambeau Field Men's room urinal trough. 
Not to be outdone by the late 70's Wrigley Field urine troughs. The original pre-pubescent male summer camp of horror.

Metrodome troughs rank right up there too...I remember seeing Packer fans pissing in the sinks back in the day there too.