Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What other sports teams are you a fan of?
Just out of curiosity here. I live in California but have been a Vikings fan since I was a kid. Besides the Vikings I'm a fan of:

Oakland Athletics- This is a tough one for me. Lifelong fan but if they move to Vegas I'm done. I've followed them through salary cap purges and rebooting of the roster about every five years. Billy Beane turns more chicken shit into chicken salad more then anybody I've ever seen

Sacramento Kings- Another tough one. Longest playoff drought of almost every pro sports team. Very happy to see them make some changes and thrilled with the Sabonis trade. Hope for the future but still a lot of work to do. 

Notre Dame- Huge Irish football fan but the basketball team has been really good too the last decade or so. 

This might be sacrilege but I don't watch hockey of any type. Just have never gotten into it 

I still follow Mn. Teams.  Vikings above all the rest—by a long shot but Wolves, Wild, Gopher football, basketball and hockey.  I was thinking recently, instead of selling the Sunday Ticket where you get a choice of all the teams—and the Sunday Ticket equivalent for NBA and NHL teams— why not sell access to all the sports in a geographic location? I would love to subscribe to all Mn. sports for example. And I really don’t I’ve a s**t about a lot of NFL, NBA and NHL teams. Maybe it’s tough to implement as it would involve cherry picking teams from different leagues or conferences but I bet there is a way to do it. Has anyone else thought about that? It would be great for those who still feel a kinship with the place they used to call home.

I used to follow the MN twins, MN north stars, MN wild, Philly 76ers (Loved DR J and that philly team of the early 80s). Now I am down to the Vikings and the Winnipeg Jets as I actually am a Jets season ticket holder (live in MN). I enjoy heading to Winnipeg to catch the bombers once in a while as that outdoor stadium is a fun experience as is the game in person.

Wait, there are other teams and sports?

Second NFL teams: Colts, whoever plays the Bears, Packers, Cowboys, Saints

Ok, not a huge baseball fan, but if I had to say I follow a team I’d say the Chicago White Sox.

Hockey, Blackhawks. The little run they had was quite fun after so many frustrating years.

College Football - Notre Dame. Growing up in NW Indiana, it’s kind of what you were back in the day. My Freshman year in HS (1977) they won the National Championship with Montana as QB. 1973 was a smidge before I started really watching.I also like Big Ten Football, so along with ND I like watching all of the Big 10 schools except Purdue (because of Drew Brees), Illinois and Northwestern, and of course the newcomers Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska.

I don’t watch pro/college basketball anymore. But, when I did, Indiana University and the Boston Celtics (Larry Bird days) were my teams.

FC Kaiserslautern just for the logo, used to take my coffee mug to morning staff meetings till someone complained.  Then I wore my sweater on team days.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

Vikings are my favorite team as the NFL is my favorite sport.

Huskers, Royals, Lakers are the other teams I root for. Also Tiger Woods (of course) and Jason Day in golf. 

Vikings, Twins, T'Wolves, Iowa Hawkeyes. Have a relative in the PGA, Troy Merritt, so I cheer for him quite a bit. Enjoy hockey in person, just not on tv

I have been a Viking fan for 46 years and they are only sport/team that I have stuck with over that time.

As a kid/early 20's maybe: I was a Yankee fan because my parents are both from the Bronx and my father used to sell newspaper in front of the stadium.

I also did go for the Celtics although I was not a huge Basketball fan even back then.  

In my area you are either a Penn State fan or Notre Dame in college sports and being Irish I was a Notre Dame fan.  Haven't really followed college sports for decades but I do go to 2 or 3 PSU games because my daughter is down there and my best friend from high school company has box seats being CEO of a gas companySmile

Never cared for Hockey much until about 5-8 years ago.  The Penguins built there AHL team within 15 miles from where I live, and I would go with my son and enjoyed it but didn't really get into the big Penguins and Hockey until a few years later.  I am a Penguins fan, but I have an affinity for the Wild.  I know this is lame, but I think their uniforms are the best in Hockey, I have the Minnesota connection with my love of the Vikings (I also did have 2 sisters that lived in Eden Prairie awhile back. 

I watch Kaprizov's first game, and I knew he was a Star.  I texted my son and said I officially know hockey because I knew he was special.  Proved right by winning the Calder Cup....but I knew after his first game.  I have about $500 in Kaprizov rookie card and maybe more. So far that looks like a very good investment they are probably up at least 40% over what I paid already.  Don't have any graded so maybe more.  

So, my 3 sports teams are Vikings, Penguins and the Wild.  I am more a Penguins fan (or at least longer) so if they ever met up for the Cup I would probably pull for the Wild because the Pens have had more than their share but other than the Wild it GO PENS.  

Vikings, because first memories were of living in southwest Minnesota, and Tarkenton. Moved to Michigan but only the Wolverines got my interest after being sucked in by the Bo/Woody 10 year war, and the Big House was my first College game experience. So Vikings/Michigan are still the biggies.
Moved to the south burbs in Chicago and was able to see Jordan. Before that I really didn't have a team, so the Bulls it was. Now the game has passed me by. All 3 pt. shooting, no defense/rebounding is like watching a season of pregame warmups.
Never got into hockey.
Was a Twins fan as grandpa used to take us kids to games in the summer when they had Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, etc. Fun team. Now I couldn't tell you who their star players are.

North stars until they left town. I like to watch the hockey playoffs but don't really have a team. The Wild is ok but they aren't great. They need a few more Kaprizov's. I kind of like the Golden Knights but I don't call myself a fan.

Was a Twins fan from an early age, pre Vikings era, but quit baseball due to the strike and the Yankees buying championships.

Used to like the ncaa final four and went to it when it was in the Metrodome years ago. Don't care for basketball so much any more except local high school teams at the state tournament.

Used to like Nascar and had season tickets for a couple years at Kansas Speedway. Don't watch it any more.

Been to the indy 500 once. That was quite the spectacle.

I'm a fan of Don Schumaker Racing in the NHRA. Hard to get why people like that sport unless you go to a top NHRA race in person. It's unreal. TV can't possibly do it justice. Take ear muffs if you go. You will need them.

Like pattersaur, I have the double whammy of supporting two terrible football teams; The Vikings and the Huskers. I live in Nebraska and it's a state law. Thou shalt support the Huskers. Pathetic!

Being old and grumpy, the only team I am a diehard fan of is the Vikings. They have really tried my patience in recent years. I truly hate them as much as I love them. But I suspect I will be with them until the end.