Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed, Edward, Eddie, It's Donatell
With the Vikings reportedly hiring 3 Broncos coaches (Ed Donatell/Curtis Modkins/Chris Kuper), some of Denver's notable

UFAs:

- CB Kyle Fuller
- CB Bryce Callahan
- S Kareem Jackson
- RB Melvin Gordon
- LB Alexander Johnson
- LB Josey Jewell
- RT Bobby Massie
- CB Nate Hairston

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
https://matchquarters.substack.com/p/the...sophy-pt-1

Interesting article, but it does kind of confirm gurus comments the other day about Kendricks not being a great scheme fit and the interior linebacker positions not being as important in this scheme and you can get by with average players. Money is spent on the back end and the edges. You might as well try to move him for draft picks and save the 9 million on his salary. 

Also wondering if changing to a 3-4 brings the possibility of Anthony Barr staying as he seems like a perfect fit. If the choice is between retaining Barr or Kendricks then it's Anthony Barr every time in a 3-4 defense 

I think Barr’s chronic knee will be elsewhere… someone will overpay him!

Sorry, Seahawks...

So Ed what kind of defense will you run w/ the Vikings? … Dona ask, Donatell! 
Wink 

Quote: @Kentis said:

So Ed what kind of defense will you run w/ the Vikings? … Dona ask, Donatell! 
Wink 
[Image: 200.gif]

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
Source says the #Vikings will name Ed Donatell as their new defensive coordinator next week under new coach Kevin O'Connell. Donatell, 65, was Denver's defensive coordinator the past three seasons.

I reached out to Ed's third grade English teacher. Mrs Huffenstein commented that Ed's penmanship needed to improve.
sadly I wasn't sure if that last line was actually part of Tomasson's tweet or just made up.

Level 1:
The only major Vikings assistant coaches from last season who still have a chance to stick around under Kevin O'Connell are WRs coach Keenan McCardell and TEs coach Brian Pariani. Everyone else has taken a job elsewhere or (reportedly) had their role filled by someone else.
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Level 2:
Pariani is a Gary Kubiak/Rick Dennison guy, so I'm not anticipating he'll be retained. McCardell is the one I could see because he's been here for just a year and the receivers love him, but even that might be a surprise.