Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins Ready To Play Ball?
The silly thing is...the offense has proven that it can score, even as its line was worst at the worst possible positions and the coach was determined to hold it in check for his muddled clock management.

Yet, that's still the "blow it up and start over" focus of dumbasses all over the internet.  I honestly have no idea what they're thinking.

I'm having a bad time with thoughts about guys like Harry, who's got a big contract but missing more tackles and was part of that declining defense...and Hunter, who barely can get to the field...and the others who were rare bright spots in a couple of very dim seasons.

Get Kirky squared away, develop Mond and/or find the next kid to have slow-cooking in the background, and actually get our trench playing shored up...!

And there it is.  Cousins is retiring a Viking.  Much to the dismay of some. He'll redo his contract, kicking the can.  What do you suppose?  4 more years of high level play?
The only thing missing from Kirk's game is moxie.  The dude is deadly acurate.  He could improve in the pocket but he's no Bradford.  He's durable. 

We could do sooooo much worse then Kirk.  Get the pieces in place and we can win with him at QB. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I just don't see a way the Vikings can trade Cousins and avoid a rebuild, which the Wilfs have clearly stated they do not want. I'm open to trading him; I just don't see a solution that allows them to remain in the hunt for the division title. 
We haven't been close to winning a division title in the 4 years he has been here and we have 1 playoff appearance, I don't see how that is going to change, so I would rather rebuild than be stuck in another 4 years of mediocrity.  

I’d much prefer the Vikings get what they can for Kirk and move on then signing him for 4 more years. JMO. 

I’m just sick to death of the win a game, lose a game, look great for a half, fall apart completely for a half, roller coaster of mediocrity the Vikings have been on the past few years. Obviously not all Kirk’s fault but he does share some blame.

Hopefully a new coach and new blood in the FO can change all of that and reinvigorate this franchise. We all want to see it. 

Where did 4 years come from???

I'll bet its 2 maybe 3 at the most. Gives them time to get the KAM/KOC era seeded and find a future QB. 

It's highly intuitive to me that with an improved offensive scheme + turning a bottom feeder D even into at least middle of the pack, the Vikings should be improved in the W/L column. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I just don't see a way the Vikings can trade Cousins and avoid a rebuild, which the Wilfs have clearly stated they do not want. I'm open to trading him; I just don't see a solution that allows them to remain in the hunt for the division title. 
We haven't been close to winning a division title in the 4 years he has been here and we have 1 playoff appearance, I don't see how that is going to change, so I would rather rebuild than be stuck in another 4 years of mediocrity.  
Folks said the same thing about Stafford for many years and look how coaching and a quality surrounding team can change the narrative. I'm good with trading Kirk if the return is right and I'm also good with extending and getting key positions fixed.

Mayfield is intriguing to me...

IF they can trade KC and get a nice roi and pull off someone with some upside? I'd be game for that too. 

If Sheftie is right though? KOC/KC are going to pair-up again soon. I really believe KC's most productive years are ahead of him - with improved coaching and D. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Where did 4 years come from???

I'll bet its 2 maybe 3 at the most. Gives them time to get the KAM/KOC era seeded and find a future QB. 

It's highly intuitive to me that with an improved offensive scheme + turning a bottom feeder D even into at least middle of the pack, the Vikings should be improved in the W/L column. 
2 or 3 sounds much better to me than 4 but I’m not sure it will to Kirk. I know Brady played til 44 but this might be Kirk’s last chance at a big contract. A 3-year deal is possible you are right but I doubt he’d go for 2. Kirk would be giving up $45M guaranteed just to add one more year onto his deal at a lower annual rate. I can’t imagine he’ll want to do that. We’ll see. 

Everything comes down to whether Kirk wants another fully guaranteed deal or not. If that is the route he wants to go I bet we see another 2 year extension tying him to MN through 24/25. If he is willing to come off he desire for full guarantees I could see a 4 year deal that guarantees years 1-3 (ish) but allows the cap to be massaged quite a bit more. It locks him into MN for what should be the rest of his career, albeit with less security. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Everything comes down to whether Kirk wants another fully guaranteed deal or not. If that is the route he wants to go I bet we see another 2 year extension tying him to MN through 24/25. If he is willing to come off he desire for full guarantees I could see a 4 year deal that guarantees years 1-3 (ish) but allows the cap to be massaged quite a bit more. It locks him into MN for what should be the rest of his career, albeit with less security. 
I think KC is plenty secure $$ wise....So are his great-great grandchildren. 

How badly does he want a ring???