• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading tea leaves
Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Wade Phillips
@sonofbum
· 45m
Vikings NFL. Offense-12th. Defense-30th
Interesting, why would Wade tweet this?  Is he going to be our DC?  Is he lobbying to be our DC?  
At this point, I think Wade would be more suited to be our Social Media coordinator.  His efforts on twitter outweigh anything he has done on the field in a long time.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Wade Phillips
@sonofbum
· 45m
Vikings NFL. Offense-12th. Defense-30th
Interesting, why would Wade tweet this?  Is he going to be our DC?  Is he lobbying to be our DC?  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...etirement/

Wade Phillips would be a coup. Dude is a great defensive mind. I just wish he had been here to get out of Barr what he was worth before his knee fell out.

Hunt, Tomlinson, Pierce, Watts, Wonnum

Kendriks, Lynch(high pick)

high pick, Smitty, Bynum, FA or P2

Thats a competitive defense 

As far as offense, I think we extend Kirk if reasonable. Kirks last year in WFT, was a disaster with no weapons on O, No RB, and depleted Oline and he still slung it pretty good.

Resign Conk, ISJ. We have enough weapons for a good O. Need a Center and possibly a G through draft or FA

This team still has talent to compete right away. 

If Kirk is traded that means we are doing a rebuild, I dont see it happening 

Wade is 74, he was a very good DC, not sure O”Connell would want to hire his grandfather’s peer though… 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Wade is 74, he was a very good DC, not sure O”Connell would want to hire his grandfather’s peer though… 
Yea, I don't want to wade through that rough water.  I think we could do younger, maybe late 60's, and find a good DC.

Sidenote and I think apolitical:  there should be an age limit on President, Senate, Congress, and Supreme.  I say around 65 to run and 70 to serve?  

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Wade Phillips son Wes Phillips is currently the TE Coach for the #Rams under new #Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell.

Could O’Connell bring over Wes and recruit Wade to run his Defense?

Would provide O’Connell w/someone he could lean on, who has previous HC experience + v good DC.

Is nepotism something we want to encourage?
With a new GM and coach, nepotism is something that should be discouraged.  They have had enough with the last GM and coach.  They had young Zimmer, young Kubiak, and young Patterson. 

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Wade Phillips son Wes Phillips is currently the TE Coach for the #Rams under new #Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell.

Could O’Connell bring over Wes and recruit Wade to run his Defense?

Would provide O’Connell w/someone he could lean on, who has previous HC experience + v good DC.

Is nepotism something we want to encourage?
With a new GM and coach, nepotism is something that should be discouraged.  They have had enough with the last GM and coach.  They had young Zimmer, young Kubiak, and young Patterson. 

Please note tea leaf #7.