Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbaugh flying in, Ryans out!
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:
He is interviewing on National Signing Day. 
That seems like big f u to Michigan and a pretty classless thing to do.  
Not sure Harbaugh has ever worried about being "classy".   Yeah, he's a bright football guy, but to me he comes across as a loud mouthed whiner when things don't go his way. 

I've never been a Harbough fan, and if he's our next coach... ah crap, I don't even want to think about it.
..and if his brash style has the Vikings deep in the post season every year / Super Bowl bound?

Frankly if I’m the GM, Im going to go for the most likely to make an immediate positive impact on the “W’s” as big of a douchebag as he is, I believe thats Harbaugh.

When you do see Harbaugh fly off the handle, its usually directed at the refs......and hes usually RIGHT.
I think he is a bit on the crazy side myself. But it's not a popularity contest, it's football, and wins ease a lot of sins!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:
Not sure Harbaugh has ever worried about being "classy".   Yeah, he's a bright football guy, but to me he comes across as a loud mouthed whiner when things don't go his way. 

I've never been a Harbough fan, and if he's our next coach... ah crap, I don't even want to think about it.
It could go spectacular or it could go nuclear. Maybe both. Guess we'll see what happens.

As a beleagured Gopher fan, I think MIchigan needs a big f u.   

@HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:

..and if his brash style has the Vikings deep in the post season every year / Super Bowl bound?

Frankly if I’m the GM, Im going to go for the most likely to make an immediate positive impact on the “W’s” as big of a douchebag as he is, I believe thats Harbaugh.

When you do see Harbaugh fly off the handle, its usually directed at the refs......and hes usually RIGHT.
I just hope I don’t have to find out.  The guy did great as the 9ers coach, but certainly didn’t last long.  I’m not liking Kwesi’s pick on this one.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:

I just hope I don’t have to find out.  The guy did great as the 9ers coach, but certainly didn’t last long.  I’m not liking Kwesi’s pick on this one.
saw that podcast I always watch (Purple FTW) and it was “Harbaugh is not Zimmer”...

suffice it to say Im not entirely convinced.

HOWEVER....

I remember how we all bitched about Leslie Fraziers LACK of emotion, motivation, whatever you want to call it & frankly Id rather have a coach irate at refs because he knows what going on, than someone who “has to watch the film”

I was thrilled with the Zimmer hire, but the last two years he has seemed disinterested...

@HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:

This 100%! Could hiring him fail spectacularly? For sure. But so could any of the candidates. I made this comparison in another thread but this feels a bit like when we signed Favre, if it happens. I know that season(s) didn’t end in a Super Bowl ring, but we improved drastically overnight and it was a helluva lot of fun while it lasted. 

A few days ago everyone was singing KAM’s praises. If this is his hire then shouldn’t we trust him?

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Of course he is. Maximize theatrics and leverage. Maybe he can punch Jim Kelly again.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:

It could go spectacular or it could go nuclear. Maybe both. Guess we'll see what happens.
Like, Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, lose on a controversial play, then Tomasson starts to ask a question at the presser, and Harbaugh kills him with his bare hands on live TV?

Ok, I'm down with that.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@Vikergirl said:
@HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:

Like, Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, lose on a controversial play, then Tomasson starts to ask a question at the presser, and Harbaugh kills him with his bare hands on live TV?

Ok, I'm down with that.
I thought you were trying to convince people it would be a bad hire.... you need to read the room better. :p