Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does The NFCC Game Decide Our Next HC?
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
When #Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah was at 49ers he overlapped with Mike McDaniel, now 49ers O-coordinator. He was run game coordinator when he overlapped with KAM on 49ers from 2017-19. But source said Vikings at his point have not requested a McDaniel interview for head coach.
Well, in all fairness, was anyone impressed with the 9ers offense against GB? 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
When #Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah was at 49ers he overlapped with Mike McDaniel, now 49ers O-coordinator. He was run game coordinator when he overlapped with KAM on 49ers from 2017-19. But source said Vikings at his point have not requested a McDaniel interview for head coach.
Well, in all fairness, was anyone impressed with the 9ers offense against GB? 

Don't want either one.  Both 1 year in their current positions.  I would need to see more for my HC candidates.  

I'll keep my eye on O'Connell more with the Rams.  He has about 4 years as OC between Redskins/Rams and I like that he is a former QB with that Off mindset.  

(I have no idea why my comments are within the other posters quotes)

Vikings Coaching Odds (DraftKings)

1. Todd Bowles 7/2

T-2. Kevin O'Connell 4/1

T-2. DeMeco Ryans 4/1

4. Raheem Morris 6/1

5. Mike McDaniel 7/1

Interesting that the favorite hasn't been in for a second interview, but is available to do so. For me it's:

1. O'Donnell
  2. Ryan's
  3. Morris

1. Todd Bowles 7/2

T-2. Kevin O'Connell 4/1

T-2. DeMeco Ryans 4/1

4. Raheem Morris 6/1

5. Mike McDaniel 7/1
perfect. top of odds is my least favorite candidate. this coupled with lame NYG DC interviewing has really tempered my positive feelings after the press conference yesterday. 

i just want something fresh and new. not day old bread candidates. 

Quote: @"Vikeking2" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

1. Todd Bowles 7/2

T-2. Kevin O'Connell 4/1

T-2. DeMeco Ryans 4/1

4. Raheem Morris 6/1

5. Mike McDaniel 7/1
perfect. top of odds is my least favorite candidate. this coupled with lame NYG DC interviewing has really tempered my positive feelings after the press conference yesterday. 

i just want something fresh and new. not day old bread candidates. 
While Vegas usually knows, they don't always know. Stay strong

Interesting that the favorite hasn't been in for a second interview, but is available to do so. For me it's:

1. O'Donnell
  2. Ryan's
  3. Morris
i saw Josh McCown interviewing with no coaching experience and now we have another average qb Neil ODonnell in the mix here. J/k.

maybe if i was larry brown, id be excited about Odonnell. lol

Quote: @"Vikeking2" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

1. O'Donnell
  2. Ryan's
  3. Morris
i saw Josh McCown interviewing with no coaching experience and now we have another average qb Neil ODonnell in the mix here. J/k.

maybe if i was larry brown, id be excited about Odonnell. lol

Damn it.

O'Connell.

Lol

Vikings are keeping close tabs on Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell, who is expected to conduct a second interview with them after NFC championship game and is regarded as one of their top candidates along with 49ers' DeMeco Ryans, per league sources.

Kwesi and the new HC will be tasked with finding and then developing a franchise QB.  I prefer someone from the offensive side of the ball and being a former QB is an added plus in that search and development (and Viking rescue mission) plan.

Of the remaining rumored candidates, I really hope our next HC is O'Connell.

(Still don't understand why we didn't talk to Pederson/Daboll)