Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recap The HC Candidates
Man, with all the New Jersey ties, maybe we should bring back...um...never mind...

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Man, with all the New Jersey ties, maybe we should bring back...um...never mind...
Please No

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
· 2m
Unless the Vikings add more candidates, their next head coach will come from this group:

- DeMeco Ryans
- Raheem Morris
- Kevin O'Connell
- Todd Bowles
- Jonathan Gannon

Nathaniel Hackett to Denver, Dan Quinn back to Dallas, and it sounds like Kellen Moore is returning as well.

I think the sudden rise candidates need a bit more season, Ryans, Gannon, O'Connell.  But that leaves Morris and Bowles, both are on the defensive side which may lead to the same issue Zimmer had, keeping good offensive coordinators around for more than a season.

I think part of keeping the offense coordinators around was Zimmer so that part of the issue is gone. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I think part of keeping the offense coordinators around was Zimmer so that part of the issue is gone. 
Uhh, he didn't have a choice with the good ones.  They got hired as head coaches.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
I like that O'Connell is from the Mcvey tree, and they all seem to work out. I want an offensive coach this time after two DC heads the last 12 years. Look at who the head coaches are this weekend for example. A good DC is easier to find and most likely never poached in this new era.

That's been my thoughts as well, although if we went with another DC to be the head coach Ryans makes the most sense and has the most upside. 

Also very surprised that Doug Pederson hasn't been mentioned more in this process. I'd take him over OConnel 

I'm not surprised that Pederson hasn't been mentioned. He is a tool and his ending with Philly was ugly.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I'm not surprised that Pederson hasn't been mentioned. He is a tool and his ending with Philly was ugly.
that was more to do with a meddling owner than anything he did. 

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
that was more to do with a meddling owner than anything he did. 
I don't like Lurie or Roseman but I am thinking Pederson is still part of the problem. It didn't work out but he is not absolved from any blame though.