Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a GREAT morning, people!
Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@purplefaithful said:

Check this out;

This marks the 17th conference championship appearance for the 49ers, the most by any team since conferences were formed in the 1970 merger. The 49ers had been tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
That’s crazy. I would have never thought about the 49ers if someone asked me that question. My first thought would have been Dallas.
Me too! 

But then when you look deeper they had Montana from 81-90 then Young from 91-98. And some good all around teams around those QB's. 

Throw in Kaep and Alex Smith over time.

Not quite Favre to Rogers, but not bad. 

I was reading on NFL.com that the Packers are 40 million over the salary cap this coming year with numerous free agents to re-sign on the team.  Rodgers hinted that he didn't want to belong to a team that might be in rebuilding mode or not a contender.  
As it looks right now, Rodgers and the Packers might of blew their last wad.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@SFVikingFan said:
Really, really hope this is the final blow that ends the Packers’ ridiculous 30 year run of having a Hall of Fame QB at the helm.  Time for 30 years of Brett Hundleys to average everything out.
I am so happy this morning after one of the worst seasons of being a Viking fan.  My two most hated teams -Packers and Cowboys out Smile))

Yes, and the Saints didn't even make the playoffs and Brees is retired.  Happy days indeed!

I feel that if we nail our new GM/HC picks, the NFC could be pretty open for the taking for the foreseeable future.  Seems like most of the real up and coming QBs are over in the AFC right now.

Really hoping for Mond to work out or for the Vikings to finally draft their 15+ year franchise QB.

I woke up with a huge smile, I had to go on ESPN immediately to make sure it was not all a dream!  I can't remember enjoying an NFL game that much in a long time, it was just a thing of beauty, I could have cried!

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
I was reading on NFL.com that the Packers are 40 million over the salary cap this coming year with numerous free agents to re-sign on the team.  Rodgers hinted that he didn't want to belong to a team that might be in rebuilding mode or not a contender.  
Maybe...

They got a good coaching staff and front office. Gutekunst and Rogers have kissed and made-up, at least publicly. 

I'm not throwing dirt on em yet...Especially in this Division. 

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@minny65 said:
@SFVikingFan said:
Really, really hope this is the final blow that ends the Packers’ ridiculous 30 year run of having a Hall of Fame QB at the helm.  Time for 30 years of Brett Hundleys to average everything out.
I am so happy this morning after one of the worst seasons of being a Viking fan.  My two most hated teams -Packers and Cowboys out Smile))

Yes, and the Saints didn't even make the playoffs and Brees is retired.  Happy days indeed!

I feel that if we nail our new GM/HC picks, the NFC could be pretty open for the taking for the foreseeable future.  Seems like most of the real up and coming QBs are over in the AFC right now.

Really hoping for Mond to work out or for the Vikings to finally draft their 15+ year franchise QB.
The 4 teams I hate can’t win the Super Bowl this year. Bears, Saints, Packers, Cowboys. It’s now, finally a good year. Haha

The thing that pisses me off about Brees retiring is he went into broadcasting. I’m a Notre Dame fan from way back, pre Joe Montana days, and him doing the ND games is enough to make me puke. Then he’s on SNF and it makes me not want to watch any pregame, or half time shows.

But it is nice not seeing his ugly mug on the Saints. Now if only Sean Payton would die! I mean retire. Haha

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3312...ay-packers
That's an interesting take this soon after that loss...I'm not convinced this is his last dance in GB, it'll be one of the major talkers this off-season for sure. 

I dont know if Rogers laments not being drafted by the 9'er any more?  I suspect he'd be a legend in that town, right up there with Montana if they had selected him over Smith. 

That was one, honking QB miss 

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@minny65 said:
@SFVikingFan said:

You won't like hearing this, but the Rodgers meltdown increases the odds of the Vikings keeping Cousins.

The likelihood of Mond being that guy is probably under 10%. The likelihood we draft that guy in a time frame that doesn't waste the primes of Cook, Hunter, JJ, Kendricks, etc, is probably under 10%.

This is one of the arguments many of us made about not rebuilding. The Rodgers writing was on the wall. The Bears are stuck with Fields and not much around him. The Lions are....well, the Lions. The division could be ours ....if'n we don't blow the whole thing up...and we find a coach who knows how to win close games.