Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Vikings waiting until Wednesday for Poles be problematic?
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
If Poles chooses Chicago, do we want him here in the first place? 

Right or wrong, he's stuck with Fields.
McCasky.
No first.
Aged roster.
OL in complete shambles.
I think the Bears job looks better...if you are sold on Fields. The problem with the Vikings job is the uncertainty around Kirk Cousins. I'd much rather hitch my wagon to Fields then try navigating just what to do with Cousins and his contract. 

Olin Kreutz probably disagrees…  B) 

The Bears just fired the coach and GM after 3 years and you are starting with the guy they traded up to get. so no 1st round pick...

Vikings just let GM go after 16 years without a SB and the slate can be clean here in a year or you can trade away the old regime players.  Wilfs look like easier people to work for and the Vikes looks like the better job.

Right now I am hoping for:

Poles - GM
Daboll - HC
2022 - first round pick - Kenny Pickett - QB Pitt

I could get behind either of the GM candidates, but for various reasons. 

If Poles is the guy the Vikings want but he is offered the job in Chicago does he take the sure thing or wait and hope for an offer from the Vikings? 

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
If Poles is the guy the Vikings want but he is offered the job in Chicago does he take the sure thing or wait and hope for an offer from the Vikings? 
Depends on which one he wants more. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
If Poles chooses Chicago, do we want him here in the first place? 

Right or wrong, he's stuck with Fields.
McCasky.
No first.
Aged roster.
OL in complete shambles.
I think the Bears job looks better...if you are sold on Fields. The problem with the Vikings job is the uncertainty around Kirk Cousins. I'd much rather hitch my wagon to Fields then try navigating just what to do with Cousins and his contract. 
I kind of disagree. Poles is in the driver seat here. If he does not want Cousins and states that to the Wilfs, I dont see how the Wilfs offer him the job without an understanding that he will draft/trade for his QB.
Regarding the Bears, he has to make Fields work. If he does not want Fields, it will be hard to get a QB as they are short of picks (they have 2,3,5 and 6) unless he will address that in later years.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
I'll repeat what I posted the last few days:

GM works for Bears ownership - which is aloof, tone deaf, and fairly incompetent from reading articles the last few years.  100-year-old matriarch of the Billionaire club.

or

He can choose the Vikings with the Wilf's - who stood by their last GM for 16 years and provided every resource necessary to make it happen.  New stadium, new practice facilities, meaning excitement around the team that can rebuilt very quickly if it even needs to be (other than myself Smile  First round pick and a chance to put your stamp on the franchise from the get-go instead of inheriting someone else's pick like Fields.  The decision on Cousins is crucial either way.  

If Poles chooses Da Bears over us, then I am glad because he already made the wrong decision Smile

The #Vikings begin their second round of GM interviews today with the Browns’ Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. The Chiefs’ Ryan Poles, who has a second interview with the Bears today, is scheduled to be in Minnesota for a second interview with the Vikings on Wednesday.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
The #Vikings begin their second round of GM interviews today with the Browns’ Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. The Chiefs’ Ryan Poles, who has a second interview with the Bears today, is scheduled to be in Minnesota for a second interview with the Vikings on Wednesday.
Hopefully this gets resolved in the next 7-10 days. I want them in on the sweepstakes for their top hc candidates. I think those dominoes will begin to fall soon as teams prep for new league year.