Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Down to 2 for Viking's GM job?

What will it be:
A Tribe Called KwesOr...
Poles Position
?

I really dig Poles, but really love Vikings fans being called A Tribe Called Kwes...

[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Ryan Poles on what has worked so well for the Chiefs: "It's communication, it's being on the same page with the coaching staff. I truly believe when your coaching staff and your personnel are walking together and making decisions together, they can have in-depth discussions...

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Ryan Poles on what has worked so well for the Chiefs: "It's communication, it's being on the same page with the coaching staff. I truly believe when your coaching staff and your personnel are walking together and making decisions together, they can have in-depth discussions...
Bingo!

Meh

Quote: @StickyBun said:
IMO, its Ryan Poles's job to lose. I think that he did have an 'impressive' first interview as reported with Minnesota. I don't see how a team is going to hire a 32 year old analytics nerd for the GM spot with Adofo-Mensah. Poles is on a Superbowl winning organization, has seen Andy Reid (a great offensive coach) at work. 
I agree on Kwesi, I am sure he was brought in by Depodesta to be an analytics guy for them.  I just don't see how a 32 year old former basketball player who worked on Wall Street is qualified to run a team.  I don't see either guy being an improvement of Spielman. 

Analytics guys are who you hire to consult the guys that run the team.....hell if they are good st their job you may even pay them more than the guy that runs the team,   but imo stat guys miss out on the unmeasurables and will miss out on some real gems...maybe I'm wrong,  after all the geeks shall inherit the earth....right?

I'll take a gamble on the young braniac from Cleveland.  Not needing to see the Vikings getting more middling results from doing the expected, so let's try a curveball.  

Also the guy from KC probably means Bieniemy which I think will be an epic fail.

Quote: @comet52 said:
I'll take a gamble on the young braniac from Cleveland.  Not needing to see the Vikings getting more middling results from doing the expected, so let's try a curveball.  

Also the guy from KC probably means Bieniemy which I think will be an epic fail.
This is exactly where I’m at. The young guy is falls under the “so crazy it just might work” kind of idea I think. Analytics are the future and maybe that future is now for us.

Poles I would feel better about if I knew for sure that Bienemy wasn’t coming too. 

All depends on how either of these guys plan on building the front office staff. Just like coaching staffs are assembled, the front office needs to be built to fill in their blind spots, and there has to be mutual trust. Gone are the days where a GM can wear all the hats. The job has simply gotten too complex. I hope whoever gets picked either hires someone a couple of people with strong track records in player personnel/draft analysis, or someone or team who understand analytics and can bring that point of view to the room. I don't think this should be an either or proposition. The GM is the guy who has to synthesize the information and decide what's useful or not.