Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Down to 2 for Viking's GM job?

Making progress, or so it seems, I like it. I was getting rather bored with all of the folks we have spoken with. Let's do some damn hiring 

Give me the player personnel guy, but he better leave Bienemy in KC

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Give me the player personnel guy, but he better leave Bienemy in KC
or the media must riot and run Bienemy out of town

IMO, its Ryan Poles's job to lose. I think that he did have an 'impressive' first interview as reported with Minnesota. I don't see how a team is going to hire a 32 year old analytics nerd for the GM spot with Adofo-Mensah. Poles is on a Superbowl winning organization, has seen Andy Reid (a great offensive coach) at work. 

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/148...0773809156

The Vikings wanted to interview a host of candidates with different backgrounds, and that’s certainly reflected in their two finalists for the GM job. Ryan Poles’ strengths on the personnel side and Kwesi Adofo-Mensah’s background as a commodities trader with an economics degree
·24m
Replying to
coupled with his work in analytics/research in various front office roles will make the Vikings choose one of two paths when they hire a GM. Either can work - choosing someone who has more of an evaluation/scouting background or someone who is heavy in processes/analytics.

This might explain the very limited, one, interviews for Bieniemy so far.

If the #Vikings hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as their GM, I wouldn't be surprised to see DeMeco Ryans chosen as their head coach. The two overlapped in San Francisco from 2017-19.

If the Vikings hire Ryan Poles, I'd imagine Eric Bienemy will at least get an interview.
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Both GM candidates could obviously also want somebody entirely different at HC. But those connections are at least worth noting.
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Poles also has potential connections to former Chiefs OCs Brian Daboll and Doug Pederson, as well as Brian Flores from his Boston College days.