Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raheem Morris
This is a really good article on Raheem; he seems like everything the Wilfs are looking for:

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/minnesota-...ive-coach/

He certainly has worked under many guys who are now head coaches.  Add in his experience with both sides of the ball and he may be an interesting choice as head coach.

To a certain extent, Raheem would be the anti-Childress/Zimmer.  I don't think his identity would be wrapped up on one side of the ball (offense for Childress; defense for Zimmer).  He also doesn't seem as stubborn as the two prior coaches or as "old-school."  Younger also, I don't feel that people see him as having paid his dues and therefore entitled to a HC shot (both Childress and Zimmer and I throw Bieniemy in there).

Morris, Harbaugh, and Kellen Moore are my 3 personal fav choices. Glad Morris is being considered. I would much rather him over Quinn. 

Morris is really high on my preferred list. He was pretty young his first go around and has added a mountain of experience since that time. I wonder how he’d gell with the guy we just had in house Poles, we go that route at GM? I might like that combo.

I would have no problem with Morris.

[Image: euje45j2923e.jpg]

My only issue with Morris is a familiar ring: "he's been a coordinator, all the players love him"...wait, Leslie Frazier was that guy, too...!

The difference is that he's been a head coach, had it go South, did a decent job as an interim, and maybe...just maybe...learned the needed lessons to be really wise going forward...?

Morris is #2 for me behind Ryans.

I just can't get on board with the defensive coaches for the simple fact that if they get one great season on offense that Coordinator is gone and we saw how that worked out the last 8 years. Easier to replace a DC imo. I want a QB guru first and foremost.

As mentioned, Morris seems to be a good guy, but how many D-coords. with a decent knowledge of the game, with Aaron D. and the rest of his personnel group wouldn't thrive? Looking at his track record of building a staff with the Bucs, besides for Greg Olson, it's a trash heap. Very Lesesque.