Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferentz gets an extension
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
Smart of them to lock him up until he's 74. Never know when the SEC might call. /s
You do that so the retirement rumors do not adversely affect recruiting.  Most “smart” fans have run across that before and know that.
I just read that Iowa’s diversity committee recommend Ferentz retire, and Ferentz in turn disbanded the committee. Cool! Seems like a level-headed guy you want to keep around for another decade. Not dictatorial at all. I’m sure smart football fans agree. 
Definitely not a great look for KF. The guy shouldnt have shared those messages like that when on the committee but he’s not wrong about his son. BF should have been fired after it all came out but daddy saved his arse on it. Hopefully the news receives a lot of bad press so that they bring it back as I think it’s good for the team.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
Smart of them to lock him up until he's 74. Never know when the SEC might call. /s
You do that so the retirement rumors do not adversely affect recruiting.  Most “smart” fans have run across that before and know that.
I just read that Iowa’s diversity committee recommend Ferentz retire, and Ferentz in turn disbanded the committee. Cool! Seems like a level-headed guy you want to keep around for another decade. Not dictatorial at all. I’m sure smart football fans agree. 
Definitely not a great look for KF. The guy shouldnt have shared those messages like that when on the committee but he’s not wrong about his son. BF should have been fired after it all came out but daddy saved his arse on it. Hopefully the news receives a lot of bad press so that they bring it back as I think it’s good for the team.
I don't even know what you're trying to say here.  It's clear on numerous fronts that the article was more a hit job than factual reporting.  No other committee member backed up Porter's POV or lent support to his "opinion" to fire the staff.  Other committee members came out very strongly defending the staff.  In an interview yesterday with a very factually challenged website reporter, Porter even admitted that most of the requested changes by the committee had been implemented and that fellow committee members did not share his views.  The article incorrectly stated that the committee was being dissolved, when it was not.  It was being refocused and re-staffed because numerous members felt like they had done their part and wanted to move on (in a good way). 

It is clear that Porter had unrealistic expectations about the power of the committee.  It was an advisory committee, not an oversight committee.  He was going to the media and asking asst. coaches to answer a questionnaire that he had developed.  Ferentz asked that it be handled in the offseason, but Porter demanded that it happen during the bye week.  He was basically demanding that meetings take place in season while most of the coaching staff rightfully wanted to focus on football.  The numbers show that Iowa had fewer players in the transfer portal than any B10 school this year.   The commentary from team members has been universally positive.  This is simply a power hungry person not understanding that he had no oversight, but that the committee was formed as a forum for input to improve the atmosphere.    

In today's gotcha world, a reporter with a long record and personal feud with Ferentz decided to write a "gotcha" column.  One day later, she is getting absolutely pummeled on twitter about the omissions of her reporting, and her track record of not telling the whole truth.  So other than that, yeah you're right....

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
I don't even know what you're trying to say here.  It's clear on numerous fronts that the article was more a hit job than factual reporting.  No other committee member backed up Porter's POV or lent support to his "opinion" to fire the staff.  Other committee members came out very strongly defending the staff.  In an interview yesterday with a very factually challenged website reporter, Porter even admitted that most of the requested changes by the committee had been implemented and that fellow committee members did not share his views.  The article incorrectly stated that the committee was being dissolved, when it was not.  It was being refocused and re-staffed because numerous members felt like they had done their part and wanted to move on (in a good way). 

It is clear that Porter had unrealistic expectations about the power of the committee.  It was an advisory committee, not an oversight committee.  He was going to the media and asking asst. coaches to answer a questionnaire that he had developed.  Ferentz asked that it be handled in the offseason, but Porter demanded that it happen during the bye week.  He was basically demanding that meetings take place in season while most of the coaching staff rightfully wanted to focus on football.  The numbers show that Iowa had fewer players in the transfer portal than any B10 school this year.   The commentary from team members has been universally positive.  This is simply a power hungry person not understanding that he had no oversight, but that the committee was formed as a forum for input to improve the atmosphere.    

In today's gotcha world, a reporter with a long record and personal feud with Ferentz decided to write a "gotcha" column.  One day later, she is getting absolutely pummeled on twitter about the omissions of her reporting, and her track record of not telling the whole truth.  So other than that, yeah you're right....
I made my comment based on what I knew at that time (2 days ago) and then additional committee members came out with their opinions on the matter. Porter is a douche who had it out for KF while the others supported him and the committee and I am glad he's no longer involved.

My stance on BF remains the same.

@"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

I made my comment based on what I knew at that time (2 days ago) and then additional committee members came out with their opinions on the matter. Porter is a douche who had it out for KF while the others supported him and the committee and I am glad he's no longer involved.

This only came out yesterday morning, and yet you were quite willing to jump to a bunch of conclusions..   I just think that’s kind of the way the people in charge now like you to react.

@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

This only came out yesterday morning, and yet you were quite willing to jump to a bunch of conclusions..   I just think that’s kind of the way the people in charge now like you to react.
Nope. Gazette published it Sunday

@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

Probably should have added that it was posted Sunday, raised a big stink, and then other committee members and players spoke out yesterday. Kirk’s letter to families was leaked yesterday as well. Sounds like a pretty poor job of doing a story as not a lot of people were interviewed.

@"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

Probably should have added that it was posted Sunday, raised a big stink, and then other committee members and players spoke out yesterday. Kirk’s letter to families was leaked yesterday as well. Sounds like a pretty poor job of doing a story as not a lot of people were interviewed.
Go on Twitter and check out Vanessa Miller.  My guess is she’ll be moving on from this assignment in the not too distant future.  Lol. It was a hit piece and not only was it very poorly researched, she doubled down on her stupidity.