Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferentz gets an extension

Well yeah, the way they’re cranking out WR talent…  :p 

Iowa seems to have all the answers to beating Gopher football teams.  Gophers are 1-9 in the 10 games...

"Hello darkness my old friend...." :/

First class coach and person.  I’m guessing his son moves on at some point as the offense needs to take another step, but you know that team is going to be tough year in and year out.  Would kinda pencil them in as a slight favorite to repeat in a pretty balanced Big Ten West next year.    

Smart of them to lock him up until he's 74. Never know when the SEC might call. /s

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Smart of them to lock him up until he's 74. Never know when the SEC might call. /s
You do that so the retirement rumors do not adversely affect recruiting.  Most “smart” fans have run across that before and know that.

Love Kirk as a person and for what he has done for the program. His son is a damn joke and should not be OC. Kirk also has a tendency to be too loyal to guys, similar to Zimmer as KOK is a joke of a QB coach. Kirk does have a tendency of being too conservative and likely lost the bowl game this year because of that, but he is great for the program. Wish he or someone else had the balls to can his son that has no idea what he’s doing

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@pattersaur said:
You do that so the retirement rumors do not adversely affect recruiting.  Most “smart” fans have run across that before and know that.
I just read that Iowa’s diversity committee recommend Ferentz retire, and Ferentz in turn disbanded the committee. Cool! Seems like a level-headed guy you want to keep around for another decade. Not dictatorial at all. I’m sure smart football fans agree. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Waterboy said:
@pattersaur said:
I just read that Iowa’s diversity committee recommend Ferentz retire, and Ferentz in turn disbanded the committee. Cool! Seems like a level-headed guy you want to keep around for another decade. Not dictatorial at all. I’m sure smart football fans agree. 
One member of the committee that is and quickly renounced by other committee members (former players)  What a surprise that one member of a diversity committee could come to a radical conclusion.  Doesn’t happen in every situation.  Lol