Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which head coach opening is most attractive?
Bears will be most attractive. QB with potential, good defense, big market. Only problem is the GM stinks. But if he’s out that problem goes away. 

Jags next as they have Lawrence, high draft picks, and patient ownership. 

I think Vikings slot in third ahead of Broncos, NYG, Raiders.

We have patient ownership with weapons on offense but no clear longterm QB and a bad defense. One could make the argument we’re better than JAX, depending on the thoughts on Lawrence.

Broncos obviously jump to #1 if they get Rodgers. But in that case he’s probably picking his coach. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Bears will be most attractive. QB with potential, good defense, big market. Only problem is the GM stinks. But if he’s out that problem goes away. 

Jags next as they have Lawrence, high draft picks, and patient ownership. 

I think Vikings slot in third ahead of Broncos, NYG, Raiders.

We have patient ownership with weapons on offense but no clear longterm QB and a bad defense. One could make the argument we’re better than JAX, depending on the thoughts on Lawrence.

Broncos obviously jump to #1 if they get Rodgers. But in that case he’s probably picking his coach. 
I was going to put Bears #1 as well...

They got them some dogs on D (even with Hicks gone thank god) and Fields with all his potential and a rookie contract. Plus Chicago is a great sports town - and Rogers cant play forever. 

A few mo ago I would have placed $$ on Rogers a Bronco next year. Now I dont see him leaving GB. 

Jags is the #1 job. Trevor Lawrence, some good young players, and an ownership that's not afraid to spend and win at all costs. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Jags is the #1 job. Trevor Lawrence, some good young players, and an ownership that's not afraid to spend and win at all costs. 
Nope. Kahn and Baalke make this the least desirable. Quinn already turned them down. It's a complete shitshow in Duval

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Nope. Kahn and Baalke make this the least desirable. Quinn already turned them down. It's a complete shitshow in Duval
I still think it's hugely desirable from a roster perspective and for the state of Florida itself. Good weather and that whole no state income tax thing is going to put more money in your pockets. 

@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I still think it's hugely desirable from a roster perspective and for the state of Florida itself. Good weather and that whole no state income tax thing is going to put more money in your pockets. 
Roster perspective on offense, yes. On defense, they are 27th in PPG and rank near the bottom in most defensive categories. They have been wiped clean from that AFCCG run that was quite the outlier. Ownership is quite dysfunctional and it almost feels like they would rather be the London Jaguars

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Roster perspective on offense, yes. On defense, they are 27th in PPG and rank near the bottom in most defensive categories. They have been wiped clean from that AFCCG run that was quite the outlier. Ownership is quite dysfunctional and it almost feels like they would rather be the London Jaguars
I think that makes it even more attractive. The Jags are projected to have the 3rd most cap space to spend in free agency and if you are already solid on offense with a franchise QB already in place, it makes it easy to throw that money amd upcoming draft picks towards the defensive side of the ball. If I'm a young, upcoming head coach...I'd take the Jags job over almost probably all of them 

The decision will reportedly have a profound impact (AKA a negative one) on Jacksonville's search for a new head coach. Baalke has been described as difficult to work with in the past and few coaching candidates will be attracted to a destination that already has a below-average general manager in place. Baalke's track record when it comes to hiring head coaches is rather pitiful too. He undeniably landed a winner when he originally lured Jim Harbaugh from Stanford in San Francisco, but the two quickly clashed and eventually parted ways. Baalke was largely blamed for driving away one of the game’s most impressive and successful coaches at the time. 
Baalke then stunningly appointed Jim Tomsula, who finished 5-11 in his lone season as head coach while looking dutifully unprepared to lead a franchise. Baalke then went for another splash hire by anointing Chip Kelly as the savior. It was somehow an even bigger disaster than the Tomsula hiring. Kelly went 2-14 in his one-and-done season and Baalke was quickly fired (alongside Kelly). It's a stretch of failures that should put Khan on high alert but has dumbfoundingly done the opposite.

@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I think that makes it even more attractive. The Jags are projected to have the 3rd most cap space to spend in free agency and if you are already solid on offense with a franchise QB already in place, it makes it easy to throw that money amd upcoming draft picks towards the defensive side of the ball. If I'm a young, upcoming head coach...I'd take the Jags job over almost probably all of them 
Yeah, I can see where the excitement comes from, just don’t know if you get the right free agents. It almost seems as if the smart, wanting to win FAs go to teams with a better track record and guys like Kenny Golladay go to teams like the Jags where the pricetag is the highest. I would enjoy seeing the Jags being successful, just dont know when that happens