Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook on COVID list
If you caught Covid and were unvaccinated, you should lose your game check.  

Until it affects their wallets they won't give a shit.

We all knew this would bite us in the ass when we were in the playoff hunt, zero surprise here. 

Thielan and Cousins are also unvaxed, so odds are they have been exposed as well. We have 3 must win games to control our own destiny....does anyone here think we can win a game or two upcoimg if we are down to our iffy backup QB? Just a whole reflection on the shitshow the VIkings have been all year. Time to wipe theslate clean. Zimmer and Spielman gone, and let new coach decide on the future of QB.

Being vaccinated won’t necessarily keep you from getting COVID. Yes, it could definitely mean a less severe case of it, but obviously as far as the NFL is concerned whether or not you have a severe case means nothing. You go on the list regardless.

I am a medical transcriptionist and I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve typed COVID cases for patients who are fully vaccinated, and now for ones who have had boosters too. I guess in my opinion anyway all the players and coaches are at equal risk, vaccinated or not, of ending up on the COVID list. This isn’t me advocating against the vaccine, it’s just my experience as a healthcare employee.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
Being vaccinated won’t necessarily keep you from getting COVID. Yes, it could definitely mean a less severe case of it, but obviously as far as the NFL is concerned whether or not you have a severe case means nothing. You go on the list regardless.

I am a medical transcriptionist and I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve typed COVID cases for patients who are fully vaccinated, and now for ones who have had boosters too. I guess in my opinion anyway all the players and coaches are at equal risk, vaccinated or not, of ending up on the COVID list. This isn’t me advocating against the vaccine, it’s just my experience as a healthcare employee.
Exactly.  And since it isn't about symptoms, but about the test, the current overreaction means nothing.  Dozier was vaxxed and ended up in the hospital.  Mattison, unvaxxed, and PP, vaxxed missed a game.  Neither seemed to have any ill effects, but hey they had to be isolated because of a test.

The current "solution" seems more like running around screaming in panic than any form of science.  In the NBA, Irving has sat out the season because his team plays in NY where they require the vax for indoor events.  Now that his vaxxed teammates are popping positive, the Nets actually are considering bringing him back for road games.  Tell me that makes an scientific sense.

Since he has to be out 10 days is that going to be two games? That’d be really annoying to not have our best running back in the two toughest games down the stretch when we are fighting for a playoff spot

Prairieghost— I believe what you mean to say is-all players and coaches (whether vaccinated or not) are equally at risk of being put on a Covid list if they test positive. But I think what some may read that to mean all players and coaches are equally at risk of testing positive whether they are vaccinated or not.  And that is a proven scientific falsehood. Those who are fully vaccinated are FAR LESS LIKELY to contract Covid and if they do (because nothing is 100% effective) their symptoms tend to be FAR LESS severe. That’s different. And for someone to say yeah but how good did he play against Detroit? is frankly ridiculous. It’s completely irrelevant.That has nothing to do with Covid or one’s vaccination status. Even the best—like Dalvin Cook- are going to have games in which the struggle. He’s not a RB machine. 
As long as people think they could get Covid whether they are vaxed or not, and therefore why get vaxed? the longer this will go on. Mutations (like omicron) will continue to happen as long as the virus exists. If we allow the virus to grow unchecked, the mutations will happen at a faster rate. It’s a numbers game. The lower the numbers the fewer the mutations.

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
Prairieghost— I believe what you mean to say is-all players and coaches (whether vaccinated or not) are equally at risk of being put on a Covid list if they test positive. But I think what some may read that to mean all players and coaches are equally at risk of testing positive whether they are vaccinated or not.  And that is a proven scientific falsehood. Those who are fully vaccinated are FAR LESS LIKELY to contract Covid and if they do (because nothing is 100% effective) their symptoms tend to be FAR LESS severe. That’s different. And for someone to say yeah but how good did he play against Detroit? is frankly ridiculous. It’s completely irrelevant.That has nothing to do with Covid or one’s vaccination status. Even the best—like Dalvin Cook- are going to have games in which the struggle. He’s not a RB machine. 
As long as people think they could get Covid whether they are vaxed or not, and therefore why get vaxed? the longer this will go on. Mutations (like omicron) will continue to happen as long as the virus exists. If we allow the virus to grow unchecked, the mutations will happen at a faster rate. It’s a numbers game. The lower the numbers the fewer the mutations.
CA, as I said in my post I am not arguing against the vaccine, but the fact is, many people ARE getting COVID despite being vaccinated. My brother-in-law has been fully vaccinated, even the booster, and he has COVID as we speak.

Never did I make an assertion to not get vaccinated. I am vaccinated. My whole family is. But the truth remains that many, many people are contracting COVID despite being fully vaccinated. Are the unvaccinated people more at risk? In general, sure. But we’re talking about football players and coaches who are in close physical contact of one another. Their risk, vaccinated or not, is greater.

Many of the physicians I transcribe have come down with COVID. They are vaccinated and boostered. But their risk is greater; they are in close physical contact with sick people.

Well said!!  Thank you for posting this and for being a voice that represents the highest good for all!

Hes not a doctor,  but he plays one on tv.