Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oli to LT
The fact that they felt the burning need to get Bust Bradbury back into the lineup just reminds me of so many other dumb fuck decisions on the o line in the past 8 years.

The reason why you would do it is obvious.  "You get your 5 best players" out there on the field.  It's still dumb, because just because they're good at one position doesn't mean they're good at every position, and doesn't mean they'll be good immediately when they're out of practice.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I don't have a huge problem with it. Udoh was affective in the run game but struggled in pass protection. Hill was getting absolutely abused early this season so options were limited. 
I do have a problem with asking an inexperienced guy that only has experience on the right side to kick to the left and ask him to play the most important position on the OL.  options were limited, but Hill with TE help wouldnt have weakened 3 positions to cover for 1 injured player.  this looked like a desperate attempt to get GB back into the starting lineup.
Udoh has been a tackle his whole career and has struggled kicking inside to guard this season. He is probably one of the most penalized interior lineman in the NFL. So the choice was basically choosing between Hill and Bradbury, and which you wanted in the lineup. Hill was brutal earlier in the season while Darrisaw was injured so I don't have a problem with them trying something different. Mixed results for sure but don't think it would of been any different if they would have started Hill instead 

The head scratcher to me, is we drafted a kid who played LT and have never even tried him there.  Why didn't they at least try sliding Ezra over?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I don't have a huge problem with it. Udoh was affective in the run game but struggled in pass protection. Hill was getting absolutely abused early this season so options were limited. 
I do have a problem with asking an inexperienced guy that only has experience on the right side to kick to the left and ask him to play the most important position on the OL.  options were limited, but Hill with TE help wouldnt have weakened 3 positions to cover for 1 injured player.  this looked like a desperate attempt to get GB back into the starting lineup.
Udoh has been a tackle his whole career and has struggled kicking inside to guard this season. He is probably one of the most penalized interior lineman in the NFL. So the choice was basically choosing between Hill and Bradbury, and which you wanted in the lineup. Hill was brutal earlier in the season while Darrisaw was injured so I don't have a problem with them trying something different. Mixed results for sure but don't think it would of been any different if they would have started Hill instead 
He was a tackle in the FCS,  hardly a ringing endorsement for his being ready to start at LT in the pros.  Was he even a LT in college?  Seems the Vikings have had him on the right side since he got here.  Its not the OT position that I think was a mistake,  its moving him across the line.  Seems we have seen that fail a lot more than succeed with this team.

Bradbury actually had his highest or one of the highest grades of the season against Detroit. Not sure how Cole did but I imagine it couldn't have been any worse than Oli with his mental lapses and all.

For the rest of the season I'd like to see the line as follows and see how it goes:

Darrisaw - Cleveland - Bradbury - Cole - O'Neill. Maybe Davis can get some run too if he practices well or rectifies whatever it is that's been keeping him off the field.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1468376082067836930

Covid improved his pass blocking.

With Adam Thielen officially ruled out, K.J. Osborn will move up to #Vikings No. 2 receiver and Dede Westbrook will be No. 3. With Christian Darrisaw officially ruled out, Vikings expected to start same O-line as vs. Detroit of (L to R) Udoh, Cleveland, Bradbury, Cole, O'Neill

God help us.

Oli vs Watt is a death sentence for Cousins.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
With Adam Thielen officially ruled out, K.J. Osborn will move up to #Vikings No. 2 receiver and Dede Westbrook will be No. 3. With Christian Darrisaw officially ruled out, Vikings expected to start same O-line as vs. Detroit of (L to R) Udoh, Cleveland, Bradbury, Cole, O'Neill

God help us.

Oli vs Watt is a death sentence for Cousins.
why didnt you start a new thread with this information... you could have titled it " Zimmer Announces His Retirement"

Weird how so many people think Rashod Hill is better than Oli Udoh...