Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oli to LT
We didnt discuss this much; moving Oli to LT instead of playing Hill. 

Didnt agree with it at the time and still dont 2 days later...

Why move around 3 pieces when rashod hill could have just replaced one?

Ludicrous move. This was the nail in the coffin for me regarding Zim. Done. No coming back from signing off on that move. Pressuring Goff once on the last drive was the last shovel full of dirt on the grave.

Done. Enjoy retirement in your ranch in  KY.

Here's the deal: Udoh is an OT. That's what he is. In fact, he's probably best suited for RT. He should have been the #1 swing backup OT instead of Hill. He's not a guard. Let's start there.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Here's the deal: Udoh is an OT. That's what he is. In fact, he's probably best suited for RT. He should have been the #1 swing backup OT instead of Hill. He's not a guard. Let's start there.
This. Moving him from guard to LEFT tackle is a head scratcher, considering he's never played there except in practice. I would agree, however, that he's better suited to tackle than guard.

Vikings clearly thought he'd be better than Hill, and as bad as he was, Hill was probably worse. All this begs the question...what the hell is going on with Wyatt Davis? Vikings apparently thought that a Udoh/Brad/Cole combo was better than a Hill/Cole/Davis combo. And actually, this is hard to argue with, considering Davis is a rookie, Cole was solid at RG and Bradbury had one of his better games. 

What's the future? Bradbury has one more season under contract, so he may be traded. Guessing we'll go into '22 with Darrisaw-Cleveland-Cole-Davis-O'Neill, with a high priority on adding one more IOL in the offseason to hedge questionables like Cole and Davis. Blake Brandel is someone to keep an eye on as well. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
Why move around 3 pieces when rashod hill could have just replaced one?
It has been done this way several times since Zimmer has been coach. Done unsuccessfully I might add.
So last week, instead of inserting one Schmoe, Hill, you move one of your worst linemen to a place he hasn't even practiced at all year, Udoh, then put another bench warming Schmoe, Bradbury, at center, only to move another schmoe to right guard. I would love to know who the genius was that thought that was going to work!

Hill isn't an NFL starter, but has had some decent games in relief.
Cole was not good at guard and Bradbury had some issues as well.

I thought it was dumb as hell and added to the instability of the OL.

[Image: 0a2cm0w7t3gg.jpeg]
I’m telling you Zimmer wants to be fired. He said a while back that Sundays are not fun anymore. How else do you explain a lifer football coach being so inept? Hell, take one look at his girlfriend & his ranch, where would you rather be? 
  Wink B)  

I don't have a huge problem with it. Udoh was affective in the run game but struggled in pass protection. Hill was getting absolutely abused early this season so options were limited. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I don't have a huge problem with it. Udoh was affective in the run game but struggled in pass protection. Hill was getting absolutely abused early this season so options were limited. 
I do have a problem with asking an inexperienced guy that only has experience on the right side to kick to the left and ask him to play the most important position on the OL.  options were limited, but Hill with TE help wouldnt have weakened 3 positions to cover for 1 injured player.  this looked like a desperate attempt to get GB back into the starting lineup.