Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kellen Moore
In 7 of his 8 years as an OC or Head Coach, this man has lead a top 12 scoring offense, and a top 6 scoring offense 3 times.

He has a super bowl ring.

I give to you.

Douglas Irvin Pederson.

"and a DIP will lead them to the promised land"

Justin 3:12

Moore is the current Stefanski, he is not even that good of a OC, every time I have watched Dallas, I really do not get it, he has a long way to go.  

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
In 7 of his 8 years as an OC or Head Coach, this man has lead a top 12 scoring offense, and a top 6 scoring offense 3 times.

I give to you.

Douglas Irvin Pederson.

i can get on board with that. Big bonus is SB ring as head ciach with Foles.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I don't think NFL owners are as high on Moore as the media. Not to say he won't get interviews, but he isn't the shoe-in for any job. 
Who would you consider to be the top two or three candidates for the Vikings job?
I haven't dug into it too much. But fits that I feel make sense are: 

1. Nate Hackett OC of the Packers - He is highly regarded in league circles but isn't glorified in the media. Aaron Rodgers dies by him and fits the current roster schematically.

2. Doug Pederson - Personally I feel he lost out in a power struggle with Howie Roseman (Philly GM). A lot of him being let go wasn't indicative of him being a bad HC. Read-tread SB winning head coaches also have a very good track record. 

3. Matt Cambell HC Iowa State - He's turned down NFL jobs in the past but the Wilfs aren't afraid to pay for a very good candidate. He wants to stay in the Midwest which the Vikings check-off. He's a very good leader.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
He looks like a baby-faced kid and media-anointed guys are not my cup of tea.  Joe Brady just got fired, he was going to be the next big thing about 3 months ago.   

And Moore's play calls late in the game the other night vs. the Saints were really questionable - killing the clock when he should have been making it run.  I'm not sold.
I am with you

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I’m partial to Todd Downing 
Now you are speaking my language. I made a post a while about him and how he could be an intriguing choice. A lot if experience with LaFleur and Shanahan, favors a ball controlled smash mouth type of game, has experience calling plays, caoched many positions on offense, plus has MN roots

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

I give to you.

Douglas Irvin Pederson.

I am also a fan of this move

Quote: @mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

I give to you.

Douglas Irvin Pederson.

I might go for Pederson.   A lot of times coaches do better on a 2nd job.  And he won the SB on the first one.   The red flag is that he was let go shortly after, not sure what to make of that.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
@mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

I give to you.

Douglas Irvin Pederson.

I might go for Pederson.   A lot of times coaches do better on a 2nd job.  And he won the SB on the first one.   The red flag is that he was let go shortly after, not sure what to make of that.  
The Athletic had an in-depth article on the toxic front office in Philly. I wouldn't lay this one on Pederson. 

The team will do its due diligence. Its a good job, so I expect them to get a good candidate.