Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer is a LOSER!
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'll stick to my prediction that he won't get fired during the season and just 6 games left...

I do agree with others that today may very well cement his leaving the Vikings - if the Wilfs had any doubt left. 
Thats…
  1. Six games (six new game plans)
  2. At least 6 practices 
  3. At least 6 walk throughs
  4. 6 weeks to midify tge roster via other teams practice squads
A serious team would use that opportunity to evaluate the roster but we are the Vikings. We will not fire Zimmer because it “looks bad”.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@mblack said:
So do we all agree that he needs to go now? He should not be allowed to lead this team as its going no where.

If there was ever anchance to evaluate players and other pitential staff, the time is now.

Zimmer is well passed his sell by date
Season is over, we choked once again (to a winless team, no less). Let's get in front of this. Dump him, see what we have on staff, and be among the first to interview coaching candidates.

I say this from a non-angry point of view (I'm ticked, but resigned). This is me being non-emotional. I'm done with Z-Ball. I appreciate what he gave us when he was on, but let's clean house and start with someone that is innovative and aggressive.
Same here, I don't hate Z at all. I actually think he's an ok coach. But he tried and his time is done here.

Not in favor of starting over with a new coach personally, but if it stops the nepotism (which I believe is the REAL problem) then so be it.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
@mblack said:
So do we all agree that he needs to go now? He should not be allowed to lead this team as its going no where.

If there was ever anchance to evaluate players and other pitential staff, the time is now.

Season is over, we choked once again (to a winless team, no less). Let's get in front of this. Dump him, see what we have on staff, and be among the first to interview coaching candidates.

I say this from a non-angry point of view (I'm ticked, but resigned). This is me being non-emotional. I'm done with Z-Ball. I appreciate what he gave us when he was on, but let's clean house and start with someone that is innovative and aggressive.
Same here, I don't hate Z at all. I actually think he's an ok coach. But he tried and his time is done here.
I mean I don’t hate the guy either but I am sick of his stubborness and his lack of developing. I am tired if the ownership cultivating a period of mediocrity.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Not in favor of starting over with a new coach personally, but if it stops the nepotism (which I believe is the REAL problem) then so be it.
Getting rid of Spielman and Zimmer solves the nepotism. Both were ok for that to fester

Quote: @mblack said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Getting rid of Spielman and Zimmer solves the nepotism. Both were ok for that to fester
I want the best man for the job - let the kids get their experience somewhere else, not in the NfL on fathers coattails...F that.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@mblack said:
@Vanguard83 said:
I want the best man for the job - let the kids get their experience somewhere else, not in the NfL on fathers coattails...F that.
I dont know how they sold-in the kid coordinator staffing to the owners or GM for that matter. Zygi has shown the propensity to spend whats necessary to win, they didnt need to skimp on OC/DC on this staff. Yah, I get the need for continuity too. 

Looking at the 21 people on Zimmer's staff this season, they have a # of  assistant/associates with a ton of experience on both sides of the ball.

Guenther is an example of this on the offense. Maybe it was that system of tenured assistant/associates paired with these kid coordinators that was supposed to work? 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@StickyBun said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
@mblack said:

I mean I don’t hate the guy either but I am sick of his stubborness and his lack of developing. I am tired if the ownership cultivating a period of mediocrity.
Totally agree with both. Especially the lack of developing. My gut reaction when I heard that he just started meeting with Cousins this year was disbelief.

The highest paid player on the team, and the guy most critical to your success, and you hand him off to your OC every year (a new one every year, at that). Whether he's your guy or not, you don't develop talent by ignoring folks that aren't "your guy." What's the term, cut your nose off to spite your face? Not sure it's entirely the case here, but whatever it was, it doomed him.

Unfortunately, we got Zim as the league transitioned towards offense. He had a nice run, but has proven to be a one-trick pony, and that trick has grown stale for me and the majority of the fan base. I wish him well in his future unless that includes him matching up against us.

Could we make a Vikings fan bingo game with some of the following:

- Udoh holding
- Check down on 3rd and 8 or more
- Poor clock management 
- Griffen jumps into neutral zone
- Barr out injured
- Kicker misses PAT

It sucks to give the Lions their first win but that should be the final nail in the coffin.