Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin injury update
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"medaille" said:
I feel like I’m substantially more concerned about injuries
to our DLine than to Cook.
Me too...

But Mattison is much easier to defend than a healthy Cook...So essentially the Vikings have a bottom feeder D and much less of a running game.

I say good luck to KC/Jet/AT the rest of the way. Cause thats how they'll win when they do. 

thats how they have been winning to date,  DC is not AD,  feeding him the ball does not equate to offensive success.  When they are rolling they are using the pass to open the run,  not the other way around, and if Zimmer would realize this,  he might not be near the top of everybody's list of coaches likely fired after this season.

With all the wear and tear on Dalvin, they might have to consider a plan b for running back.

Cook's injury falls squarely on the shoulders of Udoh who was getting absolutely wrecked yesterday. Him allowing that immediate penetration just as Cook took the ball. It might be time to give Hinton or Davis a look at that RG position 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Cook's injury falls squarely on the shoulders of Udoh who was getting absolutely wrecked yesterday. Him allowing that immediate penetration just as Cook took the ball. It might be time to give Hinton or Davis a look at that RG position 
Cooks injury is on Cooks running style and that he plays a violent game.

DC has a torn labrum and a dislocated shoulder and we are told he could be back in two weeks? that seems wildly opitmistic. 
In the draft i think we will be looking for a RB, DE, DL and the usual fistful of CBs. Also, a RG (unless we can bind Udoh's hands) and a C. Thats a tall order. 

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
DC has a torn labrum and a dislocated shoulder and we are told he could be back in two weeks? that seems wildly opitmistic. 
In the draft i think we will be looking for a RB, DE, DL and the usual fistful of CBs. Also, a RG (unless we can bind Udoh's hands) and a C. Thats a tall order. 
I agree, also I do not see any reason to rush him back.  This is clearly not a championship team, so no reason to risk his future especially after giving him the new contract.  I really like Mattison, think he could start on a number of teams and Kene looks legit, so I think we are set at RB.  Most of the defensive positions are definitely an area of need!  Amazing, how we have so many holes on that side of the ball.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
BS, you want a back to hit the hole like Cook does. Udoh got beat and the defender met Cook at the ball. That's completely on Udoh 

Its the equivalent of a quarterback throwing a pass that gets the receiver killed 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
BS, you want a back to hit the hole like Cook does. Udoh got beat and the defender met Cook at the ball. That's completely on Udoh 
I know what I want in a RB and I know that he took a shot he shouldn't have,  but he runs violently and his body wears down leading to theses types of injuries.  He hits the holes hard,  but he doesn't slip hits like some backs can, and he doesn't often really deliver the hit as much as he receives it.  I said it many times,  he isnt a long career back,  he looks to already lost his top gear as even when he gets a step he doesn't seem to have the speed to break many now.

I have been complaining alot about cookie the last few weeks.  not so much that he has looked a step slow, but that he has missed quite a few reads from what i have seen and read. 

Comes out today he has been playing with a torn Labrum, i had one of those at 23 and that effer still hurts 32 yeas later ffs.  SORRY COOKIE. my aplogies.