Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know how I know COVID is coming slowly to a close?
Price gouging seems to be the new american reality. Perhaps this is related.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Price gouging seems to be the new american reality. Perhaps this is related.
Yea, because of supply chain Smile

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
This is a slippery slope....

How much is "woke" cultural vs political?

Is there a difference?

IMO there is no place for politics in sports. Remember the day when sports united us? 
I really hope that there's a return to those days.  I think there is an opening for a move to the middle that would attract larger viewership.  The Manning Brothers on Monday Night is a great first step, even though I've admittedly seen very little of them to date.  Those are the kind of shows I'm open to watching.  I'm not open to getting clubbed over the head with political slants and voices.  I'm actually to the point where I can't make a point on how bad ESPN is because I refuse to watch it unless one of my teams is playing on the channel.  I have zero time for anything else they show.  And like others, I have totally tuned out of the NBA. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Is there a difference?

IMO there is no place for politics in sports. Remember the day when sports united us? 
I remember the days when this Country was United around our President (no matter party) never mind sports.

Those days are forever gone just like sports and politics - IMO.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Is there a difference?

I remember the days when this Country was United around our President (no matter party) never mind sports.

Those days are forever gone just like sports and politics - IMO.  
How freaking old are you?  :p

I am nearly 50 and as long back as I can remember there has been division about the president.