Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Ruggs DUI charges
More facts are coming out regarding the Tuesday collision involving former Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs. And those details are very troubling.
According to Katelyn Newberg of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, prosecutor Eric Bauman said that Ruggs was traveling 156 miles per hour two seconds before the crash — and that his Corvette was going 127 mph when the airbags deployed.
Also, Ruggs’s BAC was more than twice the legal limit, and a loaded gun was found in the car. The legal limit in every state is 0.08 percent blood-alcohol concentration.
Bauman also said that, in addition to the driver of the other car, a dog was killed in the crash.

Ruggs faces two to 20 years for felony DUI resulting in death.
per PFT.

He was up to 156 MPH and over twice the legal limit as SouthCarolina said. Insane. He's in deep shit. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
He was up to 156 MPH and over twice the legal limit as SouthCarolina said. Insane. He's in deep shit. 
Insane indeed.  

The presser with Derek Carr was good. He answered questions about Henry Ruggs. He handled himself and the situation well. 

Ruggs' career needs to be over.  The Raiders should be ashamed that haven't already cut him. Then they have to file to take back a prorated part of Ruggs' signing bonus.  Then the NFL needs to ban him for life no matter what his sentence is. 

156 and a .161 BA.  SMDH.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Ruggs' career needs to be over.  The Raiders should be ashamed that haven't already cut him. Then they have to file to take back a prorated part of Ruggs' signing bonus.  Then the NFL needs to ban him for life no matter what his sentence is. 

he was released

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"RS Express" said:

he was released

There is NO justification NONE for being drunk and driving 156 mph in a residential area.  I hope he gets the full 20 years...

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"RS Express" said:

he was released

There is NO justification NONE for being drunk and driving 156 mph in a residential area.  I hope he gets the full 20 years...

Should be more then 20 years IMO. I think one charge is 2-20yrs and the other up to 6 years.  There may be more charges with the loaded gun??  Other then going out at 3:40am and shooting a 22 year old women and her dog what worse could he have done?  Driving a car 156mph, wrong lane, residential area, loaded gun, loaded body....I mean the only thing missing is some Coke/drugs.  This should be 30 years minimum mandatory sentence.  That would have him out of jail at 53years old and maybe a little more mature??  

With the additional charges/info I now up my prediction that he will be out within about 12 years whatever he gets convicted of.  To me, that will not be justice to this young women or her family.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"RS Express" said:

he was released

I agree, just  noting that the Raiders dumped him right away

There is video out there (since edited) where witnesses caught the sounds of the victim screaming as her car was engulfed in flames. Someone tried to help her get out but she was pinned in from the impact. This, while the whole time other people filmed it with their camera phones and Ruggs sat on the curb watching and bawling. 

It doesn’t get much more disturbing than that.