Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes to get a Dakless Dallas?
I want Dak to play. I want to beat a good team. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Dallas has as many wins (5) as the 3 teams we’ve beaten this year, combined.

Do we want to win this game or do we want to face Dak? Not sure it can be both. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Vikergirl said:
Dallas has as many wins (5) as the 3 teams we’ve beaten this year, combined.

Do we want to win this game or do we want to face Dak? Not sure it can be both. 
I hear you. I want it to be both. If they can't win with Dak playing, does that expose them? Yeah I know the Cowboys played shit teams but they won the games they played. Maybe they will get exposed later as not being as good as their record. But I don't want to just win against crap. 

I have more faith in the Vikings shutting down Dak, then I do of them shutting down an unknown backup.  That said, I'd also like to get that monkey off our back at some point in time.

Quote: @medaille said:
I have more faith in the Vikings shutting down Dak, then I do of them shutting down an unknown backup.  That said, I'd also like to get that monkey off our back at some point in time.
I don't care, just beat Dallas.  At the end of the week, nobody cares if Daphne from Scooby-Doo is the QB.  A win is a win.

Quote: @medaille said:
What? You think the Vikes vs. Cooper Rush is more worrisome than the Vikes vs. Dak? The last time Dak played us he threw for 400 yards and 3 scores...and he's currently the MVP favorite for a reason. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@medaille said:
What? You think the Vikes vs. Cooper Rush is more worrisome than the Vikes vs. Dak? The last time Dak played us he threw for 400 yards and 3 scores...and he's currently the MVP favorite for a reason. 
Agreed, Dak is way more of a concern and if he doesn't play its a big help to the Vikings. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@medaille said:
...and lost. :-)

This will be a good game regardless of who's behind center. Teams are mirror images. Two MVP-candidate QBs, two top WR corps, two very good running games, two much improved defenses. 

For the Vikings, at home, this has to be a sort of launching pad for the team they're supposed to be--a team we've only seen glimpses of. I'm hoping, almost expecting, this will be that elusive complete game for the Vikings. 

Figured as we got closer, the language surrounding Dak's injury would turn a little more realistic...

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott on calf strain: If it were my call, I’d play. But I trust the experts & don’t want this to linger.

Decision not fully up to him. On same leg as ankle injury from last year. A reminder that what he said he’s mentally buried physically remains relevant.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, who has been limited in practice this week due to a right calf strain, told reporters on Thursday it likely will be decided Saturday whether he plays against the Vikings. 
“It’s not fully my decision because there is a bigger picture,” said Prescott, who was hurt on the final play of the Cowboys’ last game, on Oct. 17. “It’s more than just one game. … I don’t want this to linger past this week.” 

Co-defensive coordinator Adam Zimmer said the Vikings are preparing for Prescott to play but also will do work on backup Cooper Rush. 
“I don’t think the offense (would) change that dramatically between the quarterbacks,’’ Zimmer said. “I’m expecting to see Dak, and that’s the way we’re going to approach it, but we will look at (Rush’s) plays.”
https://www.twincities.com/2021/10/28/vi...nfl-debut/