Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes to get a Dakless Dallas?
I know what they've all said. "He's fine. "I'm fine." Whatever. Never trust what you hear from teams about injuries.

Ask Michael Gallup about calf strains. He hasn't played since week 1 with the same injury. Sure, QB is different than WR and it's unlikely Dak will miss anywhere near as many games, but still, if they had a game this weekend, he almost certainly would not be playing. So I think the following week he could be listed as questionable. Maybe even a game time decision. 

But would we be better off if Dak plays? Cowboys backup is Cooper Rush, a ridiculous downgrade from Dak, but danged if Zimmer-led defenses don't always struggle against QBs they have no film on.  

He was in a walking boot earlier. That's never good. Hard to predict injuries but teams love to lie right up to gameday, so we probably won't know until then. 

I hope Dak plays.  Let's get them 'Boys to visit the Ice Castle at full strength and see what happens - SKOL!

I really want him to play...

OTOH, Breeland and Dantzler don't fill me with bravado, especially vs Cooper & CeeDee Lamb

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

OTOH, Breeland and Dantzler don't fill me with bravado, especially vs Cooper & CeeDee Lamb

I'm more concerned about Dallas' run game against our defense line.  If they are successful running the ball, that will open up the rest of their offense.  Kinda sounds like Zimmer's plan too.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'm more concerned about Dallas' run game against our defense line.  If they are successful running the ball, that will open up the rest of their offense.  Kinda sounds like Zimmer's plan too.

Same. Dak is going to get his no matter what considering they have the best offensive mind in football as their OC. Limiting the running game would give us a chance

We got a Dakless Dallas last year too and lost at home to Andy Dalton.

Zimmer has proved his defense can fold like a tent to anybody.

Quote: @RS Express said:
We got a Dakless Dallas last year too and lost at home to Andy Dalton.

Zimmer has proved his defense can fold like a tent to anybody.
That was a completely different team. Of the 11 players who started on defense against the Cowboys, only 2 remain. And despite starting below-league average players like Odenigbo, Jaleel, Stephen, Holmes, Troy Dye and Chris Jones, Dallas still needed a last minute drive to win. 

That said, the Cowboys are a much better team as well. They have Tyron Smith back at LT and their defense is a lot better. If Dak plays, I have no doubt this will be another one down to the wire. 

I wish we had the Diggs bros on our team....

Can you imagine having Stefon and Treyvon?! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I wish we had the Diggs bros on our team....

Can you imagine having Stefon and Treyvon?! 
Diggs is a mixed bag. Gets a lot of picks, and a lot of early hype for DPOY because of it, but he's also on pace to give up more yards than any corner in NFL history. What's more, at least half of those picks came from inaccurate throws or tipped balls. If I'm the Vikings, I use the most accurate QB in the NFL and go right after him. 

But yeah, I'd take him. :-) Could've had him too. Drafted Gladney ahead of him.