Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson v. Cousins
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@pattersaur said:
Man this is a big game. Fans including myself are understandably skeptical. Rise up Vikes, one time!
well,  actually,  if they are going to rise up this time,  I am hoping they have at least another 15 or so in their system this year.  They lose this one and are sitting 0-3,  its time to lay down and play for the future.  I think the frustrations of last year are still there for many and another loss,  this one being their home opener.. that might be a camel crippling piece of dry grass.
Agreed. Really really need this one for so many reasons. Russ is so good early in the year but we have to force some turnovers. We need the defense to put an end to giving up 24 points and one way to do that is by controlling the clock. Feed Dalvin and Mattison
I say take whatever their D gives us,  no reason not to let Cousins and the WR room dominate a game if the D wants to overplay the run.  IMO limiting Russ will rely on our DTs really stepping up in the run game,  if they can make running between the tackles super difficult that will force the run game to the outside, same space Russ likes to use to extend plays,  and that will allow the DEs and LBs to hedge that way at the snap.   If the DTs cant plug the middle though,  that will force the LB to stay committed longer and give more room to edge runs and passes to the flats,  as well as give Russ his fantasy (stat) island that he loves to deal from.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
@Vikergirl said:
Let me guess, the Vikings lose by a field goal.
Lol, it could also be by missing a field goal.  Down by one, just have to make this 20 yard FG as time expires.
in your scenario... how many plays is zimmer going to let burn off the clock before sending out the kicker from 20 as time expires?
Probably about a minute and a half on 3 kneel downs as Seattle is out of timeouts.

could also be something like we're actually being aggressive, plenty of time, Cousins goes back for a pass, he flees backwards to escape the passrush, but crumples for a sack moving us out of FG range, clocks winding down, we need a second and long type of play, so it takes longer to get the play in.  2nd Down incomplete.  3rd down we get 8 and out of bounds.  Still too far out.  20 seconds left.  4th down everyone is covered, outlet pass to Cook he runs down the middle of the field tackled at the 2 between the hashes.  The whole team is running down the field, trying to get in place for the final play. Players don't know where to line up or if we're spiking the ball or going for it.  Cousins is hitting Bradbury to get him to snap the ball.  Why hasn't he snapped it yet?  We barely make the spike letting it get down to a single second.  The kicker runs out there and clangs it right off the middle of the left goalpost.

I hope we win and it's not even close.  I think we need a strong win and not a miracle type win.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Wilson is athletic, a winner, a gamer, resilient at big times and a leader...

Not sure I can label KC the same. 
No doubt Wilson is the better QB. This will come down to who plays better defense and who runs the ball better. Y'know, those things that people hate. :-) But they will play a big role in this one. I think we do, but I'm always leery of teams who didn't do something well the game before. For Seattle, that's run defense. Teams tend to fix problem areas from week to week. 

Quote: @medaille said:
I hope we win and it's not even close.  I think we need a strong win and not a miracle type win.
That sure would be nice...for all of our cardiologists. :-) 

This locker room needs a win badly...I dont care if it's the 1 pt, 1 second left kind of win. 

0/3? The noose feels a lot tighter and the odds a lot worse for any post season hopes. 

This is from 2020 - b4 the new format:

History shows that only six out of 182 teams (3.2 percent) to start 0-3 since 1980 have rallied to make the playoffs. It's only been done once in the past 22 years and only four times since the NFL went to a 12-team playoff format in 1990.Sep 29, 2020

Once again with the clean pocket thing...for the love of God, give the man a clean pocket. 

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1441107627031760896?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Once again with the clean pocket thing...for the love of God, give the man a clean pocket. 

A clean pocket is a rarity in the NFL.  QBs need to be able to read the defense pre snap, have a feel for pressure and move in the pocket, none of what KC does well.  Be the highest rated QB with a clean pocket is not a metric that I would rate a QB by as I want a QB who can operate under pressure.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@MaroonBells said:

A clean pocket is a rarity in the NFL.  QBs need to be able to read the defense pre snap, have a feel for pressure and move in the pocket, none of what KC does well.  Be the highest rated QB with a clean pocket is not a metric that I would rate a QB by as I want a QB who can operate under pressure.  
...which he also ranks very high in. Top 5. 

hey, KC beat Wilson and the hawks in Seattle on a last minute drive with a huge long bomb back when he was with Skins. He balled that game. Hoping for that guy come Sunday