Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the Swiss cheese Vikings D wasted this.....
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
And while I'm at it, I'd like to give MB some credit: he thought they'd play better, the O-line would play better and they did. I'm sure he didn't forecast the D playing quite as poorly as they did. 
Well thanks. Rather have the win. But yeah, only Viking fans can predict an absolute blow out and then bitch about our performance in a game we should've won. Shut out Chandler Jones, Picked Murray twice, gave up only 1 sack while Hunter himself got three, penalized only 3 times, Dalvin ran for 150. Clearly they cleaned up the mess from week 1. That's the good thing. 

Bad thing is we couldn't stop Murray. Like I said last week, defense is nearly irrelevant against a QB like that. If that's another QB, Vikings probably win this by 20. 

Or they just find a different way to lose... but seriously,   Murray isn't a unicorn,   there are plenty of mobile QBs on the schedule and if this team is going to do anything Zimmer needs a better plan or he needs to let the O just go out and try and outscore them.  They get Wilson next week and Mayfield the following,  2  more QBs that make as many plays off script as they do out of the play book.  
Nope, totally different players. Neither of those QBs is the human joystick Murray is. 
Whats the record vs Wilson and the squaks under Zimmer?  
I suspect it's not very good. He might be the NFL's best QB. Still, he's not the weapon Murray is.

Underestimating Wilson is a big mistake. They are coming in pissed after a loss, that will actually motivate them.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
And while I'm at it, I'd like to give MB some credit: he thought they'd play better, the O-line would play better and they did. I'm sure he didn't forecast the D playing quite as poorly as they did. 
Well thanks. Rather have the win. But yeah, only Viking fans can predict an absolute blow out and then bitch about our performance in a game we should've won. Shut out Chandler Jones, Picked Murray twice, gave up only 1 sack while Hunter himself got three, penalized only 3 times, Dalvin ran for 150. Clearly they cleaned up the mess from week 1. That's the good thing. 

Bad thing is we couldn't stop Murray. Like I said last week, defense is nearly irrelevant against a QB like that. If that's another QB, Vikings probably win this by 20. 

Or they just find a different way to lose... but seriously,   Murray isn't a unicorn,   there are plenty of mobile QBs on the schedule and if this team is going to do anything Zimmer needs a better plan or he needs to let the O just go out and try and outscore them.  They get Wilson next week and Mayfield the following,  2  more QBs that make as many plays off script as they do out of the play book.  
Nope, totally different players. Neither of those QBs is the human joystick Murray is. 
0-6 overall, 0-5 with zimmer.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I suspect it's not very good. He might be the NFL's best QB. Still, he's not the weapon Murray is.

Underestimating Wilson is a big mistake. They are coming in pissed after a loss, that will actually motivate them.

Calling him the NFL's best QB is underrating him? Or are you talking about the Vikings underestimating him? Don't think that will happen. 

@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Calling him the NFL's best QB is underrating him? Or are you talking about the Vikings underestimating him? Don't think that will happen. 
You said he is not the weapon Murray is. No he is not Murray but he is a weapon in his own right. I hope they don't underestimate him. I am not at all confident in this coaching staff though. 

Sometimes games just get into shoot-out's...Yesterday was one of those. 

Outside of Woods/Hunter/Pierce/Vigil, they haven't been very impressive as a group.

Hope they improve as the season progresses. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

You need to give Kingsbury more credit for designing an offense and selecting players who compliment Murray's skills and allow him to be successful off script. They are not just playing sandlot football. Murray buys time with his feet while the routes develop down field. We had plenty of pressure on him but we couldn't finish which is no different than all of the other mobile QB's we face during the Zimmer era. Scheming against an offense like this has always been a Zimmer Achilles Heel. Despite the sacks and INT's, he still threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's. He only rushed 5 times compared to having 36 passing attempts. When they deployed 5 Wideouts, we have no answers and throughout the game, the defense would tentatively come up to the line not sure who they should cover or what scheme to be in with Arizona's hurry up offense. That ultimately falls on Zimmer as he is not only the Head Coach but he is also running the defense and calling the plays. If Zimmer's defense continues to get outschemed and outcoached, remind me again why we keep him around as the Head Coach of this franchise? The offense did more than enough to win this game but the side of the ball we thought we be vastly improved has not shown up yet and that is his expertise.  

I'm not giving Zimm a pass cause I do think the D has under-performed season to date. He's also been beaten schematically for too long as T-Bros points out. 

Anyone else watch the Ravens try and defend KC with 5 wide-out's last night? 2 of em being Hill and Kelce?  It's not pretty or easy...

Meh...i don't blame Zim or the defense much for this one. I did last week. Last week we came to Ohio unprepared. You can blame the individual players for that if you want, but that it happened on so many levels leads me to believe it was a team-wide lack of focus. That's on the HC. 

This game? We did enough defensively to win against a team everyone said would destroy us. Picked him off twice, sacked him three times. Most of the shit Murray does is just indefensible. I don't care if you're the '85 Bears. 

Meh...i don't blame Zim or the defense much for this one. I did last week. Last week we came to Ohio unprepared. You can blame the individual players for that if you want, but that it happened on so many levels leads me to believe it was a team-wide lack of focus. That's on the HC. 

This game? We did enough defensively to win against a team everyone said would destroy us. Picked him off twice, sacked him three times. Most of the shit Murray does is just indefensible. I don't care if you're the '85 Bears. 
It was feast or famine on D yesterday, Murray is a sophomore QB who had never faced Zimmer,  thats the kind of shit Zimmer used to exploit,   now its his D that is getting exposed by unseasoned QBs.

It was apparent last week that Breeland won't hold up against bigger receivers and that he was slow to recognize certain routes like those with a double move,  but he was out there again and against Green of all people.  The zones were a joke against Murray,   he ran around and his receivers settled into the holes,  or he simply threw it to a hole and the receivers chased it down,   time and time again.  What happened to zimmers love for man CBs?  Get somebody that is big enough to body up early and then shadow,  zone d doesn't work for shit against a QB that kind make plays last as long as Murray can with his legs....as we witnessed once again.  Bad scheme and bad execution.   Thats on Zim IMO,   his D,  his players.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:  What happened to zimmers love for man CBs? 
Rick can't draft them and Mike can't develop them.