Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Trade For TE

[Image: 94VM8qx1_bigger.jpg]
Herndon played with 4-12 and 2-14 Darnold squads. No one lived up to their potential on those teams. His upside is big. Great trade for the Vikings.
Quote Tweet
[Image: e02NnEBo_normal.jpg]
Ralph Vacchiano
@RVacchianoSNY
· 7m
The Jets have traded disappointing TE Chris Herndon to the Minnesota Vikings, a source confirmed. The former fourth-round pick never quite lived up to his potential in his three years with the Jets.Show this thread

The Vikings have traded draft picks to the Jets for Chris Herndon, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Vikings starting tight end Irv Smith is expected to miss the start of the season with a knee injury, and backup Tyler Conklin is injured as well. Herndon is likely to play a lot right away.
The 25-year-old Herndon is heading into the final season of his rookie contract. He started 13 games for the Jets last season and had 31 catches for 287 yards and three touchdowns.

[Image: idsqnbqdxxqp.jpeg]

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn Football that Miami (FL) TE Chris Herndon has big upside.
"Still developing," the scout told McGinn. "He’s got big-time up side. He can develop and do both (block and catch). He can be a starter eventually." Herndon didn't get as much run as some of the other tight ends in the class because he was playing behind David Njoku, and the 6-foot-3, 254-pound tight end also had some medical issues. His draft stock has picked up as of late, and there's a real chance Herndon comes off the board late on Day 2.
SOURCE: Bob McGinn FootballApr 25, 2018, 3:02 PM ET

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1432791047365607425
if you are going to only do it right once in a while... making it against the packers is a good time to do it.

Back in 2018, his Rookie Season, Chris Herndon finished…

9th in yds per reception (12.9)
7th in yds per target (9)
8th in yds per route run (2.3)
9th in TDs (4)

averaging 4 targets, 2.8 catches, and 36 yards.

Steal

Hmm... waiting to hear what we gave up. If it's a 6th or 7th I don't mind the move. Hope he can get up to speed quickly.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Hmm... waiting to hear what we gave up. If it's a 6th or 7th I don't mind the move. Hope he can get up to speed quickly.
We have two 6ths, no 7th. I believe it was first reported as a swap of picks.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
He was 4th on their roster, so I'd be pretty surprised if it's more than a 7th. That he's still very young might push it to a 6th.