Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Waived/Injured Bucky to make room for TE Bell?
HODGES CLEARS WAIVERS
Vikings rookie tight end Bucky Hodges cleared waivers Monday and is now on injured reserve.
Minnesota had released Hodges to make room on the roster for tight end Blake Bell, acquired on waivers Sunday from San Francisco. Hodges left in the first half against Miami to be evaluated for a concussion.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
HODGES CLEARS WAIVERS
Vikings rookie tight end Bucky Hodges cleared waivers Monday and is now on injured reserve.
Minnesota had released Hodges to make room on the roster for tight end Blake Bell, acquired on waivers Sunday from San Francisco. Hodges left in the first half against Miami to be evaluated for a concussion.
This is good. Gives us another year to turn Hodges into a blocker. One interesting thing about this is that, in one week, the 49ers have traded Vance McDonald and released Blake Bell. Which clearly means the 49ers really like rookie George Kittle, who is now the undisputed starter. This should perk up the ears of deep league fantasy players. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
HODGES CLEARS WAIVERS
This is good. Gives us another year to turn Hodges into a blocker. One interesting thing about this is that, in one week, the 49ers have traded Vance McDonald and released Blake Bell. Which clearly means the 49ers really like rookie George Kittle, who is now the undisputed starter. This should perk up the ears of deep league fantasy players. 
It seems more like we’ll be hoping he fixes his own blocking
issues, since he won’t be able to practice with the team until next offseason, unless I'm misunderstanding how IR works for those who were waived.

Here's a quote from SBNation that I did not like:   "There have been widely varying reports of Bucky’s performance in camp..."

??

I was hearing nothing but good stuff about him.   Sounds like the team is going to move on.

Honestly I had heard very little on him considering the hype surrounding him after the draft.  He seemed high on himself, but low on performance. 

I'm wondering if there is a question about...attitude, with Bucky?   Goodness knows, I have to deal with workers like that everyday and I certainly would not want a player like that on my team, if that were the case.

I really thought he was a can't miss prospect.

Well besides his inability to block, he was not gaining seperation on his routes, & was not a clean catcher of the ball... his physical attributes that allowed him to excel in college, thus far have not been transferring over to the NFL.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
I'm wondering if there is a question about...attitude, with Bucky?   Goodness knows, I have to deal with workers like that everyday and I certainly would not want a player like that on my team, if that were the case.

I really thought he was a can't miss prospect.
You may be right about attitude. You kinda got that impression from interviews...his and others. And it showed up a little in his pre-draft profile. Had the reputation as a little uninterested. And there was this from one anonymous scout: "Complete figment of someone’s imagination. Might be the most overrated player in the draft. Looks good, big, has good hands. Not a lot of positives other than that."

anybody else notice the tats on his triceps?

Here's my favorite Bucky moment...[Image: 8es24g1xro83.jpg]