Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- USA Wrestling

Dude is very quick and powerful. He is only 21 years old. Quite an accomplishment.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Wow, Gable is a monster. Two takedowns in the final 12 or so seconds to win Gold. That was wild
not to take away from Gables win,  but that other dude was gassed... he couldnt hardly get to his feet and then went to the mat instead of trying to fight off Gables shots to eat time,  but it was the gold medal match so its not like the guy was a fish to begin with,  just looked like he wasnt ready to go to the final whistle.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Dude is very quick and powerful. He is only 21 years old. Quite an accomplishment.
And bouncy!

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/status/1...94306?s=20

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Wow, Gable is a monster. Two takedowns in the final 12 or so seconds to win Gold. That was wild
not to take away from Gables win,  but that other dude was gassed... he couldnt hardly get to his feet and then went to the mat instead of trying to fight off Gables shots to eat time,  but it was the gold medal match so its not like the guy was a fish to begin with,  just looked like he wasnt ready to go to the final whistle.
He was, but that happens so much in wrestling...even to the best. That's a part of some guys style is to gas you out. Still cant believe Gable was able to come back and win that...USA wrestling with a nice showing at the Olympics

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
And bouncy!

oh... that kind of bouncy.  I thought maybe you were thinking about the spoiled brat girl kinda bouncy.

looks like Gable could have easily went another few rounds.

@"Nichelle" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
And bouncy!

oh... that kind of bouncy.  I thought maybe you were thinking about the spoiled brat girl kinda bouncy.

looks like Gable could have easily went another few rounds.
Nah, the good kind. I'm just not used to seeing a 275 pound dude doing back flips.

@"Hawkvike25" said:
The opponent was the #1 seed and a 3x world champ, so the best in the world.  He was gassed, because of Gable wearing him down, which is such a huge part of wrestling.  It is all about conditioning and outlasting your opponent.   I had always trained for football and when I started wrestling, I found out that I had no idea what real conditioning was, by far the most challenging conditioning and endurance sport by a mile that I have ever done.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1423633929576370181
Incredible.  So quick for a man that size.  Amazing comeback.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
The opponent was the #1 seed and a 3x world champ, so the best in the world.  He was gassed, because of Gable wearing him down, which is such a huge part of wrestling.  It is all about conditioning and outlasting your opponent.   I had always trained for football and when I started wrestling, I found out that I had no idea what real conditioning was, by far the most challenging conditioning and endurance sport by a mile that I have ever done.  
Same.  The conditioning we did, while decreasing calories was insane compared to football.