Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Vikings Need More Weapons?
Dede would also be a great choice. Legit returner and has two seasons of 60+ receptions.

Vikes have been lacking a competent WR3 since Jarius Wright left a few years back. It's kind of odd they haven't done more to fill that gap but I do realize our WR3 is actually Target #5 after Cook and the TE. Still, it'd be nice to get someone to successfully work the quick slants and curl routes that our OCs always seems to hate.
But we don't "need" more unless one of the big 2 gets hurt. The Chiefs are going into the year with Hill, Kelce, and a cloud of dust and something tells me they'll be alright (Yes, I consider Hardman dust).

Sidenote, not sure if you were just using him as an example of the type of guy we need, but Marvin Jones signed with the Jags @BarrNone55 .

'Hi guys, it's me....Chad!'

[Image: beebs22.gif]

An upgrade at WR3 would be nice and TE depth could be improved, but in general I think that the Vikings have a very good array of weapons on offense. It's more a question of how quickly the young OL progresses and if Cousins can maximize the talent around him.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
How about a GD’med KICKER 
Zimmer quoted Vanguard, "Still don't care."

Quote: @pattersaur said:
 It's kind of odd they haven't done more to fill that gap but I do realize our WR3 is actually Target #5 after Cook and the TE. 
I think the free agent WR's know this.  A FA considering a 1-year deal will want to have a chance to make plays... and ESPN highlights.  With the Vikings being  #30 in pass attempts in 2018 and #27 in 2020,  and Cook and Irv taking their slices of an already small pie, the FA's will calculate their number of likely targets and say, "No thanks".

The flip side of that is, Spielman knows Zimmer/Kubiak won't use a #3 WR much, so why pay a guy starter money to sit on the bench over half the time?

So the WR's are leery of the Vikings to starts with, and then Spielman is probably offering them less than other teams who need a #2 WR or use their #3 more.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Dede would also be a great choice. Legit returner and has two seasons of 60+ receptions.
He'd be my top choice, but I just can't see him coming here to be WR3 on a team that puts them out there 25% of the time. 

That said, this whole offseason has been one surprise after another, including the astonishing fact that we started $11M OVER the cap, wringing our hands over what bargain bin players we could afford, only to find ourselves with 11 new free agents and still, somehow, $14M UNDER the cap. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
He'd be my top choice, but I just can't see him coming here to be WR3 on a team that puts them out there 25% of the time. 

That said, this whole offseason has been one surprise after another, including the astonishing fact that we started $11M OVER the cap, wringing our hands over what bargain bin players we could afford, only to find ourselves with 11 new free agents and somehow $14M UNDER the cap. 
If Dede were to come here I think that would be a result of Lil Kubiak reassuring him that our offense will be changing to utilize the third wide receiver more frequently. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but we will see and it would certainly be a move I would be happy with as he's 4.3 fast.

So what about the kid from Iowa?  What is his potential?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
So what about the kid from Iowa?  What is his potential?
Ihmir has good speed and is absolutely phenomenal in open space, but his route running needs a lot of work. I dont expect much from him this year as a receiver, but he could do some damage as a returner. Check the USC bowl game highlights of him