Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Vikings Need More Weapons?

Someone should mention to the writer that the Vikings have the best RB in the league and backing him up is a guy who would be the starter on many teams in addition to a TE who has WR skills and they just drafted a few players with serious speed.  Hilarious that a team with arguably the best WR duo and RB in the league is being questioned in this area.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Someone should mention to the writer that the Vikings have the best RB in the league and backing him up is a guy who would be the starter on many teams in addition to a TE who has WR skills and they just drafted a few players with serious speed.  Hilarious that a team with arguably the best WR duo and RB in the league is being questioned in this area.  
This. I just don't see it happening. First of all, I can't see a veteran receiver even wanting to come here. Guys like Westbrook and Tate are probably looking for places to shine for a new contract. Hard to do when you're on the bench 80% of the time. I think WR3 is a competition between Bisi, Beebe and ISM. And that ain't bad.

And I think most the cap space she refers to is meant for O'Neill.

I think the article makes some sense.   I just don’t see much quality depth behind Adam and JJ.  If one of those guys gets hurt and is out for a number of games, our offense becomes pretty one dimensional (running the ball with Cook).  Bisi and Beebe are lower quality depth guys, not guys that can seriously threaten a defense, or guys you would want to start multiple games.  ISM is an unproven rookie, with potential.

Especially playing 17 games, it’s a risk that may come back to bite us if either of our proven WRs get hurt. JMO.

How about a GD’med KICKER 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
How about a GD’med KICKER 
Isn't that what we usually have?

It kind of feels like we're going all in this year.  It's certainly not the wrong choice to bring in a legit WR3.

More weapons, no.

A better alternative at WR beyond the top two, yes.

Is that alternative on the roster as of now, unlikely.

I'd breathe easier with Marvin Jones on the roster. Zim would too as he wouldn't have to defend him.

Dede or Larry, we need a viable trustworthy option for 3# for now (worst case of JJ or AT goes down with an injury).

Dede makes more sense, especially with Keenan at WR coach, but man the idea of Larry coming in and being our slot receiver.  A trust worthy tool for Kirk on critical downs and in the red zone would be amazing.  Throw in his experience for JJ, ISM, and the other young weapons, it would be great.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Dede or Larry, we need a viable trustworthy option for 3# for now (worst case of JJ or AT goes down with an injury).

Dede makes more sense, especially with Keenan at WR coach, but man the idea of Larry coming in and being our slot receiver.  A trust worthy tool for Kirk on critical downs and in the red zone would be amazing.  Throw in his experience for JJ, ISM, and the other young weapons, it would be great.
Larry might make the most sense. He's about the only one out there I can see maybe wanting to come to a team where he knows he'll be WR3, where he won't be looking for big numbers, just a contender where he can finish out his career as the 3rd option. Love to see it.