Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to the Thielens
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
I don’t agree that people are stuck in their ways about the vaccine.  There’s two main obstacles that get in the
way of converting people to that viewpoint. 
The biggest obstacle the pro-vaccine community has is that many people
have a valid mistrust of authority, namely political authority, medical
authority, and media authority.  It’s
unfortunate that in the past, that these institutions have eroded public trust
so far that it has created a large number of people that won’t believe anything
they say.

The second obstacle is that they (as a group) are horrible
at communicating in a persuasive manner. 
You will never change anyone’s mind, by first insulting them.  The pro-vaccine tribe’s dominant form of
communication is in belittling other people. 
In this thread there are 3 replies to the original post, and all 3
replies have taken the tone of being a moral authority looking down from their
ivory tower dismissively at the bad people who are being irresponsible.  This will immediately put everyone who isn’t
already on the tribe, on the defensive and make it harder for them to hear any
of their more factually based arguments.
Yes, you've pinpointed it: the science backed information and overwhelming multitude of doctors for vaccinations just wasn't presented by nice enough people. If only they were more persuasive....more patient. The 'ivory tower' is just so high, I think the address is 103 W. Moral Authority Drive. The air is so rarified. You've convinced me. They just can't 'hear' it right, shame on us, the belittlers.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7713620]
Sticky playing the double agent here?  Exposing exactly what Medaille so eloquently said?

And this is why I can't stand stupid people.  Interjecting their opinion where they have no business being. 

Congrats to the Thielens.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
I don’t agree that people are stuck in their ways about the vaccine.  There’s two main obstacles that get in the
they say.

You will never change anyone’s mind, by first insulting them.  The pro-vaccine tribe’s dominant form of
ivory tower dismissively at the bad people who are being irresponsible.  This will immediately put everyone who isn’t
Yes, you've pinpointed it: the science backed information and overwhelming multitude of doctors for vaccinations just wasn't presented by nice enough people. If only they were more persuasive....more patient. The 'ivory tower' is just so high, I think the address is 103 W. Moral Authority Drive. The air is so rarified. You've convinced me. They just can't 'hear' it right, shame on us, the belittlers.

Sticky playing the double agent here?  Exposing exactly what Medaille so eloquently said?
[Image: 71RlbC3++wL.jpg]

Usually I shy away from these types of comments, but funny we say cant make people take a vaccine, because it's their body, but a lot of folks have no issue telling women they cant get an abortion. Funny how that works

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Usually I shy away from these types of comments, but funny we say cant make people take a vaccine, because it's their body, but a lot of folks have no issue telling women they cant get an abortion. Funny how that works
That is hilarious.  Except nobody can tell a woman they can't get an abortion.  it is legal in all 50 states.  But since you mention it, why don't you respect a persons choice about their body?

Quote: @greediron said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
That is hilarious.  Except nobody can tell a woman they can't get an abortion.  it is legal in all 50 states.  But since you mention it, why don't you respect a persons choice about their body?
Oh I do. I dont think you should be able to tell anyone anything, yet there are a lot of states, politicians, and wack jobs who constantly attack women outside of planned parenthood and want to completely defund them. It's their body whether its abortion or vaccine. You may not like it, but it's their choice so respect it.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
they say.

Need to take a Dale Carnegie course.  Belittling people is not a successful way to win and influence others.  Belittling is all too common today in a variety of areas, especially on the web!
So saying you think "in your opinion" that someone should get vaccinated especially if they have a pregnant wife is belittling them?  Maybe we need a Dale Carnegie course on how not to play the victim and take responsibility instead of deflecting blame on others.  
I responded to Sticky's post, not yours.  He refers to belittlers.  Do you think you are a belittler? I don't.

Added in, belittling is not likely to change someone's mind.  Try it with your wife.  Report back on her response.

In an office in Florida, 5 of 6 people were not vaccinated. The vaccinated one didn't get covid, of the 5 unvaccianted people that got it, 2 died.....

Quote: @JoDakota said:
In an office in Florida, 5 of 6 people were not vaccinated. The vaccinated one didn't get covid, of the 5 unvaccianted people that got it, 2 died.....
SCIENCE!

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@greediron said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Oh I do. I dont think you should be able to tell anyone anything, yet there are a lot of states, politicians, and wack jobs who constantly attack women outside of planned parenthood and want to completely defund them. It's their body whether its abortion or vaccine. You may not like it, but it's their choice so respect it.
Perhaps some people don't agree with their tax dollars funding something they find abhorrant.  I just find it ironic that those most likely to support abortion are quite often those wanting to remove choice from the vaccine discussion.