Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Richardson Considering Coming Back?
Quote: @Mattyman said:
Tomlinson played NT,DT and LDE in NY.

Richardson has played RDE,LDE and DT

Tomlinson-Richardson-Pierce- Hunter  >  
I think it's all a rotational mix and who starts and where is really not that important.

I keep thinking back to that Eagles Super Bowl team. They were like two deep in stars across their Dl. They could (and did) rotate in and out all game long. Zimmer commented on that depth with envy at the time. 

Bring Richardson in. More the merrier. If you're gonna go for it, freaking go for it. Especially the year i put money on ya's. :-)

Tom Johnson role. I like it

Quote: @AGRforever said:
To be sucessful you need assests in the trenches. We’ve spent a good deal of high picks on the OL the last several years and largely ignored high picks on the DL. So its time to spend FA money there. 

I really don't care about the salary cap or the amount of players' salaries.  I'm glad the organization is spending it right up to the limit.  Pay Hunter, bring in Breeland and Richardson...boost up the roster and them trim the un-necessary fat.  I want a team of proven winners on the roster...mostly from top to bottom (can't have it all).  This is how you win a lot of games.

Agree, Richardson is a very nice rotational piece. Sure is going to look like a different D this year, thank goodness.

Last season was tough to watch. Will be interesting to see what new wrinkles they add with the new toys. 

Vikings added some nice pieces this off-season. 

I wonder what the deal is going to look like with Richardson? 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Agree, Richardson is a very nice rotational piece. Sure is going to look like a different D this year, thank goodness.

Last season was tough to watch. Will be interesting to see what new wrinkles they add with the new toys. 

Vikings added some nice pieces this off-season. 
It's hard not to be optimistic about this team. We were terrible on defense last year, but still somehow found a way to be one win away from the playoffs. To that team, you add Hunter, Pierce, Tomlinson, Barr, Kendricks, Peterson, etc., etc., I keep thinking that last year's Super Bowl winner was 7-9 the year before, same as Vikings. To say I'm bullish is an understatement. 

I'm seeing tweets about Richardson playing DE on early downs, and inside on passing downs. Had ~ 250 snaps at DE last year.

The plot thickens.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm seeing tweets about Richardson playing DE on early downs, and inside on passing downs. Had ~ 250 snaps at DE last year.

The plot thickens.

If they play Richardson and Hunter at DEs with Pierce and Thomlinson  in the middle.  Zimmer plans to destroy any type of running game the opponents have...