Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa... Vikings releasing Alex Boone...
Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
Not sure why this is a shock, he definitely wasn't playing up to his cap dollar, and his mouth was annoying, and I like cock players.  But if your going to talk you better back it up.
Wait what? You meant cocky right? Just messin.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
Not sure why this is a shock, he definitely wasn't playing up to his cap dollar, and his mouth was annoying, and I like cock players.  But if your going to talk you better back it up.
Wait what? You meant cocky right? Just messin.
Hahaha, I better go change that Smile

Vikings met with Boone about taking a pay cut, and he refused, per sources. His release will cost them $3.4M in dead money.

But saves them how much in cap?

He's been far from the worst OL guy we've had.  I'm not upset he's gone, nor am I happy.  Think I'm more shocked than anything.  Question for those in the know.  Is this a cap savings move simply to roll more into next year for other big signings we have coming up?  Yes, he was getting paid a lot but the team has had a history of giving people at least 2 years to prove themselves worthy or their contract.  (Captain comes to mind)   

Quote: @"AllBS" said:
But saves them how much in cap?

He's been far from the worst OL guy we've had.  I'm not upset he's gone, nor am I happy.  Think I'm more shocked than anything.  Question for those in the know.  Is this a cap savings move simply to roll more into next year for other big signings we have coming up?  Yes, he was getting paid a lot but the team has had a history of giving people at least 2 years to prove themselves worthy or their contract.  (Captain comes to mind)   
Boone had a cap hit of approximately $6.7 million for this season, and the Vikings will have to eat $3.4 million of that. It does, however, free up $3.3 million in cap space for the team for the rest of the season.

Guy talked a better game than he played

good move Boone was all talk

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Guy talked a better game than he played
Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
good move Boone was all talk
I Agree Emoji!  B) 

I liked him.  But I have to admit easton/elflein looked better when in there.   Hate to read too much into preseason though.

Now no Kalil, Clemmings and Boone to bitch at. Remmers is probably going to get bitched at now.