Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Minnesota Wild fans?
So all year the wild have been pretty good 3rd period players,  which typically would be starting about 830,  last they tally 3 in the first period (one waived off) and then go to bed.  What a disappointment to wake up and see a 3 goal loss after such a fast start.   Those kinds of losses can kill a team even with 4 games to go.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
So all year the wild have been pretty good 3rd period players,  which typically would be starting about 830,  last they tally 3 in the first period (one waived off) and then go to bed.  What a disappointment to wake up and see a 3 goal loss after such a fast start.   Those kinds of losses can kill a team even with 4 games to go.
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
They were OK for the first few minutes in the Second when the wheels fell off and they completely forgot how to play their system. They chased Vegas players the rest of the game, puck watched and allowed them to pepper Talbot with point blank shots, and refused to to hit anyone. What a nightmare the last two periods were after playing so well in the first. They were never the same after Ek's second goal was waived off in the first period for being off sides and Johansson going out with an injury. Dean really struggled with line juggling after that. It was such a reversal of how they started that it looked like they were paid off to throw the game in the 2nd and 3rd periods. What a wasted opportunity to go up 2-1 and really get into Vegas' head that they have no answer for the Wild at the X. We could be looking at a repeat of last year where we get swept after the opening win in the series.   

They should have had Parise active for this series,  this type of game suits his playing style, 

Kaprizsov has been OK to poor so far in his first playoff appearance.  He had a very nice past assist last night but he has been turning the puck over and making some other mistakes.  Only 3 games into his playoff career but I hope he starts to play better because we need him to win.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Kaprizsov has been OK to poor so far in his first playoff appearance.  He had a very nice past assist last night but he has been turning the puck over and making some other mistakes.  Only 3 games into his playoff career but I hope he starts to play better because we need him to win.
That's the difference between regular season and playoff hockey when the Refs swallow their whistle, and you have tighter checking/more physical games. Vegas isn't giving him any space to operate. That's why I said our other lines need to step up and provide balanced scoring. Fiala had a lot of shots again, but only 3 were on net. He is just as ineffective as Kaprisov right now. I agree with Jimmy that they should get Parise in for this next game as we could use his gritty front of the net presence. It's very likely this could be his last home game in a Wild uniform with the way they have made him a healthy scratch for the last couple of weeks.  I would also consider inserting Boldy into the lineup for some additional size now that they called up the Iowa kids who are playoff eligible. EK's line is effective because of their size, strength, and ability to disrupt the front of the net. The minute Vegas switched their game plan last night and started using their size to attack the front of the goal, the Wild had no answers. That's why we suck against the Blues. They use that style against us and outside of the EK line, we don't have the bodies to match up with them. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"minny65" said:
That's the difference between regular season and playoff hockey when the Refs swallow their whistle, and you have tighter checking/more physical games. Vegas isn't giving him any space to operate. That's why I said our other lines need to step up and provide balanced scoring. Fiala had a lot of shots again, but only 3 were on net. He is just as ineffective as Kaprisov right now. I agree with Jimmy that they should get Parise in for this next game as we could use his gritty front of the net presence. It's very likely this could be his last home game in a Wild uniform with the way they have made him a healthy scratch for the last couple of weeks.  I would also consider inserting Boldy into the lineup for some additional size now that they called up the Iowa kids who are playoff eligible. EK's line is effective because of their size, strength, and ability to disrupt the front of the net. The minute Vegas switched their game plan last night and started using their size to attack the front of the goal, the Wild had no answers. That's why we suck against the Blues. They use that style against us and outside of the EK line, we don't have the bodies to match up with them. 
no shit about swallowing the whistles.. I only watched about the first 20 minutes of the game but I cant even begin to count how many cross checks I saw go uncalled,  if they keep allowing that type of play this thing is going to turn into a cage match once one team is facing elimination.

Announcers said, "70% chance the winner of game 3 wins the series."
Dominating a team in the regular season seems pretty much meaningless. They aren't bad, so hopefully they can turn things around.

Go Jets Go!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Announcers said, "70% chance the winner of game 3 wins the series."
Dominating a team in the regular season seems pretty much meaningless. They aren't bad, so hopefully they can turn things around.
Is that in a 1-1 series ?  I can see that if the team that wins game three is the team picked up their first win on the road, like the wild did.  If they had been down p-2 and then won game 3 I dont see a 70% chance of taking 3 of the next 4

lol, its always the kiss of death to start a thread where you profess how excited you are about Minnesota (insert sports team) because it always ends in tears.