Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Minnesota Wild fans?
I have been a peripheral Hockey fan for about 5 years but have become a regular the last 2 seasons.  I am a Pittsburg Penguins fan because I live very close to there AHL team and have been able to watch quite a few players come up to the Bigs.

Last season, I started to become a Wild fan (second team favorite).  I know this sounds weird but part was because of the Viking connection and another part is there uniforms which I think are one of the best in the NHL - Like the Vikings!  My Pens got knock-out of the playoffs early last season so I was then honing in on the Wild because I didn't care about any other team.  But then the Wild got bounced shortly after my Pens.

This year I was watching my first Wild game (national broadcast) and this rookie kid Kaprisov just jumped off the screen within 2 minutes of play.  I actually called my son, away at college, and said to him you have to watch this Kaprisov kid.  I think he won/or will rookie of the year.  I now know that I really know hockey when this kid jumped out within 2 minutes of me watching him...even before he scored a point.  They are on tonight up  1-0 over Vegas.  My Pens are down 1-0 to the Islanders.  Good night of Hockey for me to look forward too!

It's early but Kaprisov looks very special.  Some of his puck handling in traffic is like a magic show and he can get a quality shot off from about any stick position.  He has been a joy to watch and hopefully will continue to be for years.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
It's early but Kaprisov looks very special.  Some of his puck handling in traffic is like a magic show and he can get a quality shot off from about any stick position.  He has been a joy to watch and hopefully will continue to be for years.
The kid is going to be a superstar.  It's OK to say it.  This is the most excited I've been about the Wild in awhile...  

The Wild have handled Vegas really well this season (5-1-2), and they are young and fast.  The aging Parise and Suter are still contributing, and are good role players, but they aren't the heart and soul anymore.  It's exciting to see the youth take over this soon and be good.  I don't expect a win tonight, but you never know.  B)

Skol Wild!

Kaprizov is an unbelievable talent. He can score, he can block, he can hit and take a hit. He can make amazing passes and when he is on his edges it's unreal. He brings such good energy to the team. His footwork is ridiculous and he can fake people out. Wow just wow.

His body and edge control is amazing, and he is doing all the little things, especially when he doesn’t have the puck.  I haven’t watched much hockey the last few years, 97 has piqued my interest.

Unfortunately, Marc-Andre Fleury is standing on his head the first two games. We need more goal production than what we are getting, especially out of the third line. With Vegas focused on stopping Kaprizov, Fiala has to show up this series and in the first two games he's had chances, but he just can't finish. Had 8 shots on Tuesday. Johansson needs to sit. I would consider Parise at this point as dirty goals are his specialty and that's what we need against a hot goaltender.   

Go Avs. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Go Avs. 
Huge letdown if they don't win the Cup this year. 

Who the fuck chose an 830 start time for the Wilds home games?  This is dumb as shit,  us old fucks are thinking a bowl of ice cream and off bed at 830,  not LETS....PLAY....HOCKEY!!!